The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
i
I Padd
A fresh incarnation?
I noticed that there hasn't been much activity here lately, but I thought it noteworthy enough to mention that MeTV will commence airing the ABC episodes in succession after the first of the year. This is the first time I'd seen this done on any commercial channel (l...
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 23, 2016 12:01am
by Martin Ross
Bernard Fox 1927-2016
The actor Bernard Fox has died aged 89. Best remembered for his role as Dr Bombay in Bewitched, he appeared in two Columbo episodes, as Inspector Durk in Dagger of the Mind and the Purser in Troubled Waters.
Views: 269   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 22, 2016 5:25am
by David
Ted
Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 2
As I thought of that man who was dressed like a bum, I asked myself why he had bothered to come. Then I felt the cigar that I clutched in my hand, Suddenly start to erupt and expand. What magic is this? I wanted to know, As the stogie continued to rumbl...
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2016 7:25pm
by Ted
Ted
Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 1
Greetings, Columbo fans, it's that time of year! As many of you know, we have a holiday tradition here -- the annual posting of the Columbo Christmas poem! I'll post the backstory separately. First, the poem -- enjoy! “Christmas with Columbo”...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2016 7:09pm
by Ted
t
terry
boo hoo youve got me crying for you song
can any one tell me the female artist who sang boohoo youve got me cring for you at the beginning and end of the episode bye-bye sky-high iq murder case.
Views: 1587   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 19, 2016 4:37am
by gene corpus
g
Grant
Killers With the Most or Least Convincing Answers
Which ones had the best answers for Columbo, and which ones had the least convincing? To me, as smart a person as he is, Alex Benedict belongs in the first group, especially in the final scene. In about one minute, he goes from saying pretty firmly "Yes, I always...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2016 12:38am
by Grant
Make Me a Perfect Murder minor observation
Anyone ever notice how much food they had for the meeting Mark was in with Mr. Flannigan earlier before he was murdered? It looks like a meeting of 4 people, but enough food for to feed 25. Don't know why that always catches my attention and makes me laugh each time...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2016 12:01am
by JustOneMoreThing
f
Fred
Carl Donners Death
First of all if Nadia had told the truth, dr. Collier would have probably been guilty of manslaughter. Not murder. Secondly, I have a problem with the headlights incident. It was clearly daylight outside. Yet Columbo is basing his case partly upon the fact that...
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 14, 2016 1:55pm
by Verdammt
f
Fred
Columbo Tee Shirts
Metv.com in thr US is selling various Columbo t-shirts. Just for your information.
Views: 274   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 14, 2016 5:05am
by Irene DiMilo
credit mistake?
Who played the role of Ken Franklin's date? All I see in the credits is Woman-Marcia Wallace. The woman who is Franklin's date is not the Marcia Wallace of Bob Newhart show! Is it another "macia wallace"?
Views: 311   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 5, 2016 9:01pm
by Archie Rival
g
Grant
Another Uncredited Actor Question
This is a question for anyone who has a copy of LADY IN WAITING. I'm not sure of the minute, but in the scene at the clothing boutique (not the hair salon), a woman with long blonde hair is helping Beth. It isn't a big deal, but I'm trying to find out if the actress...
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 2, 2016 2:05pm
by Grant
f
Fred
A Quiz
I haven't posted one of these for quite a while, so let's try these. Name the episode that this came from. 1. From Columbus tape recorder. "Bad dog, bad dog." 2. Young Gabriel was the victim in which episode? 3. We all know that Columbo is driving is not...
Views: 299   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 1, 2016 11:53pm
by quid_quo_qro
Mrs. Columbo Casting
I've been watching the new Criterion Collection Blu-Ray release of IMO Peter Falk's greatest non-Columbo work, "The In-Laws". There's a new supplement featuring reminiscences of the supporting cast, including Nancy Dussault who played Alan Arkin's wife (and who co...
Views: 439   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 29, 2016 2:28pm
by Grant
f
Fred
Your best Columbo Quote is...??
Mine.... Jerry Parks to Nora Chandler while pointing to his head "You cant get a warrant for whats in here." Nora to Jerry "You cant get bus fare for whats in there."
Views: 540   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 22, 2016 1:55pm
by Grant
Candidate
Aside from being among my favorites, there are a few improbabilities about this episode that always puzzled me -- the primary of which involving the loan of the wrecker to a total stranger. The scene never made sense to me. While it’s true that Columbo’...
Views: 229   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2016 9:33pm
by mark
g
Grant
BLUEPRINT FOR MURDER Question
I could swear this has come up before but I'm not sure. At 108:35 (I couldn't resist marking it down), while Elliott is driving, you see a pair of bright red boots, and they at least resemble cowboy boots, which of course would go with Beau instead of Elliott. Was th...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 18, 2016 4:15am
by Grant
a
Angie
Guiltiest-looking innocent suspect
I've always thought Lloyd Harrington in Troubled Waters looks like the perfect subject for a frame. Danzinger couldn't have picked a better one. In addition to his very public fight with Rosanna, watch him when Columbo and the captain are interviewing him right aft...
Views: 320   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 17, 2016 5:59pm
by Grant
g
Grant
Victim Threatens Killer
The reference to Gene Stafford made me wonder, how many victims have made that famous mistake of announcing to the killer that they'going to cause them a lot of trouble? (Apart from blackmailers, I mean.) I can think of a handful. When it comes to accidental killings...
Views: 290   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 16, 2016 1:24am
by Grant
f
Fred
Dagger of the Mind ending
So Columnbo finds a pearl in Sir Rogers umbrella. An umbrella that had been moved many times yet the pearl still renains in it? Very unlikely.
Views: 340   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 12, 2016 5:48pm
by Eric Paddon
g
Grant
Scenes You'd Like To See
There have been threads before about "cringe-worthy" moments, ones that this or that member wishes weren't in an episode. I don't have that many moments I wish weren't there, but there are a handful I've always kind of wanted to see instead. I've mentioned it befo...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2016 2:47am
by Irene DiMilo
p
Paul
Lovely but Lethal evidence
I just saw Lovely but Lethal for the second time, and I was a bit puzzled by how Columbo felt he could prove that Viveca Scott had in fact murdered Martin Sheen. I can see how the poison ivy would be a very good clue, but quite frankly I can't imagine that someone in...
Views: 327   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 10, 2016 10:15pm
by Grant
g
Grant
Christopher and Pataki
I've asked this a few times, but just for the sake of still trying to find out, does anyone know whether the actor William Christopher was edited out of MIND OVER MAYHEM (where he's listed in the credits) and whether the actor Michael Pataki was edited out of ETUDE I...
Views: 316   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 6, 2016 10:29pm
by Eric Paddon
m
mark
Quick Quiz- Name the episode and character that uses the phrase "subtle as a trainwreck"
Hint: There are 2 episodes where this phrase is used so Bonus if you get both.
Views: 240   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2016 3:57pm
by mark
r
Rob
Eric Wagner's House
Interesting. Eric Wagner's old house in The Most Crucial Game is being rebuilt and will be on the market for a very reasonable.............$500,000,000. Looks like all those sports franchises paid off in the end for the Wagner dynasty. /news/articles/2015-05-2...
Views: 415   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 1, 2016 2:39pm
by M.E. Quincy
f
Fred
Fielding Chase
In my opinion, Fielding Chase was one of the most pompous carefree murderers of any on the program. I found his character very annoying. Even his daughter ended up hating him. I was glad to see him go down
Views: 335   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 29, 2016 7:33pm
by Eric Paddon
k
Kat
Murder - A self portrait. Does anyone know the music?
During the end credits the episode features this beautiful aria/duet. It almost sounds like it could be from Verdi's Nabucco, but it isnt. I researched but wasnt able to find out anything. Or is it possibly just a creation of Patrick Williams who wrote the score to...
Views: 7769   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 28, 2016 9:03am
by himself
The murder scene in Etude
Horrible,i didn't like this at all. That poor cockatoo! I know its not real (i don't know how they made the cockatoo act like that but the cockatoo was certainly talented) But any animal in distress, real or fake does upset me. Then we hear that the Cockatoo died :(
Views: 379   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 27, 2016 2:08pm
by M. E. Quincy
g
Grant
Brimer's Job Offer
I just saw DEATH LENDS A HAND again, and it took till now to think of something. In the episode, that firing range plays a big part, and of course there's Columbo's famous attitude about guns. My question is, would he have been genuinely pressured into going on the f...
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2016 3:14am
by mark
For Years
This site has been going on for some years man. I've seen some old posts rummaging through this lot. It seems as though every Columbo nuance has been washed and hung out to dry on these boards, and then some. It's a wonder how the topics have not run out yet. Tru...
Views: 310   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2016 3:44pm
by laura
g
Grant
"Typecast" COLUMBO Actors
Just for the sake of it, I'm trying to make a list of actors who seemed to play the same kind of role more than once, apart from the obvious ones - the ones who played either killers or detectives more than once. These are some I can name - James McEachin - in bot...
Views: 338   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 6, 2016 9:36am
by Stephen
f
Fred
Pick Just One...who Was The Creepiest Killer
For me it is Wesley Corman. Murders his wifes lover then tries to pin it on his sickly wife by going to any extent to frame her. What a jerk.
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 5, 2016 1:59pm
by Grant
f
Fred
Trap set for Elliott Markham
Just watched Blueprint again. I cant imagine what would have happened if Columbos trap failed. The city had to spend thousands of dollars to play along and dig up that pile. Even needed approval from the Mayor. Also are we to assume that Markham and Mrs. Willia...
Views: 377   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 5, 2016 9:46am
by J Wilton Jones
f
Franny
"Columbo Under Glass" (the book)
Finished the new book "Columbo Under Glass" by Sheldon Catz. Over 400 pages of lots of information and some pictures. I was disappointed with the ratings he gave every episode, especially the ones that I thought were outstanding and of some I really loved. Being a...
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2016 1:49am
by Franny
Murder can be Hazardous to Your Health - Terrible Alibi?
Not sure if this has been mentioned before on this site. The alibi for the killer is the surveillance tape which shows him walking into his office in the morning, then leaving at night (after he has tampered with it of course). However, even if he wasn't caugh...
Views: 207   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2016 6:25pm
by quid_quo_qro
m
mark
Columbo meets and talks with the killer before the murder takes place.
I saw an episode the other night where this is the case; then wondered if it happened in any other episode. See if you can name the episode i'm referring to or maybe another one.
Views: 379   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 1, 2016 1:40pm
by JustOneMoreThing
Columbo car shows up in opening scene
Am I the first person or the last person to spot Columbo's car accidentally filmed making a U turn in the opening scene of "Columbo Cries Wolf?
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 30, 2016 11:23am
by Ted
Was 'Matter of Honor' episode meant to directly follow 'Trouble Waters'
I know Columbo refenences the 'Trouble waters' case in 'Matter of Honour'... and it all has the feel of Columbo being on the same vaction. But these episodes are not even listed in the same season. Any thoughts?...
Views: 230   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2016 8:39pm
by Grant
c
Calvin
Phone Dialer in "Ransom for a Dead Man"
I received the Complete Columbo first season as a birthday present this year....I was thrilled since many of the very early episodes, I have never seen before, including the two pilots "Prescription for Murder" and "Ransom for a Dead Man"! Both episodes were fabulous...
Views: 759   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 28, 2016 6:07pm
by Dennis Dorr
Do you think Columbo always knows the culprit from the start?
This question occurred to me just now because i am watching The Greenhouse Jungle an it seems to me like he may suspect Kathy rather than Jarvis. He questions her lack of reaction to the news and when her lover, Ken, walks in that was certainly interesting too. Kathy...
Views: 405   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 26, 2016 3:23am
by Greg Gnoffo
Steven Hill 1922-2016
Actor Steven Hill has died aged 94. Played Mr Marosco in Murder, Smoke and Shadows.
Views: 238   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 24, 2016 4:58pm
by Lorenzo
Trivia question
What do the following victims have in common: Paul Williams, Gene Stafford, Margaret Meadis, Otis Swanson and Hector Rangel. And what do the following murderers have in common: Marshall Cahill, Luis Montoya and The Great Santini?
Views: 309   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 23, 2016 4:43am
by Irene DiMilo
f
Fred
Similar Characters but Who was More Sinister?
Ward Fowler or Nora Chandler Alex Benedict or Findlay Crawford Dr. Mayfield or Wesley Corman DDS Vivian Dimitri or Lauren Staton Ken Fanklin or Riley Greenleaf (both played by J. Cassidy) Dr. Ray Flemin of Dr. Marcus Collier Nelson Hayward or Oscar...
Views: 333   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 21, 2016 9:55pm
by Grant
f
Franny
Columbo Under Glass by Sheldon Catz
So excited ! Just picked up "Columbo Under Glass" and can't wait to read.
Views: 296   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 20, 2016 4:27pm
by MST
it took me two years but here it is
Can you solve this riddle: Eric did it he did it he said he could do it the key to solving the murder Can you identify the moment this riddle describes I will be very impressed if you can and you will prove that you are a really serious fan
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2016 2:35pm
by peteybaby
g
Grant
Actors breaking up
Apart from LAST SALUTE FOR THE COMMODORE, where it's very obvious a couple of times, I keep wondering how many episodes had actors breaking up just a little. I guess Robert Culp does it slightly during the tie in the soup moment of DEATH LENDS A HAND. Also, I saw...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2016 3:15am
by Grant
Ted
Richard Libertini
I sort of feel like apologizing for bringing yet another post about the death of a beloved Columbo cast member, but this one should not go without recognition, for we have lost the great Richard Libertini. He died in January, but somehow I didn't learn of it until t...
Views: 242   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2016 10:08pm
by Grant
g
Grant
Very Important question
I hate to be the one bringing it up, but two weeks ago someone who keeps up with a lot of celebrity news, including veteran celebrities (I don't do much of either kind), told me that we had lost Lee Grant. I haven't heard it elsewhere (but again, I don't keep up wi...
Views: 345   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 9, 2016 1:23am
by Eric Paddon
Cast reunion
How many Columbo stars stared in Quincy
Views: 267   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 7, 2016 2:41pm
by Grant
Ted
Scrooge and Columbo
A little holiday entertainment -- from the days when Columbo, and Rich Little, were household words. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPy24bXR8yw
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2015 6:45pm
by Eric Paddon
f
Fred
The Later Episodes
I have been posting on and off in this forum for several years. One thing that seems uniform across the board is the later episodes do not get very good billing. There are a lot of people that don't like them. I' happen to be a proponent of MOST of the later episodes...
Views: 508   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 3, 2016 7:13pm
by Shelley Mitchell
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28