The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Columbo Goes to College - Paddles on the wall
I've just recently got the complete boxset so i can watch all the episodes for the first time (i've seen all the 70s episodes loads of times but not so much the later ones ,there are a lot i have never seen from 1989 onwards) well i decided to start with Columbo goes...
Views: 257   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 3, 2016 7:15am
by Pete
Murder can be hazardous to your health
Well having George Hamilton as the murderer immediately gets my interest. But the poisoned cigarette? I saw that somewhere before ''We must do something about your smoking Shirley'' ''You know Miss Blain, when i see a pretty young girl like you smoking, i ask m...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2016 7:53pm
by JustOneMoreThing
m
mark
Identity Crisis....Help me with motive
Can someone give me their take on the motive? I don't know why i am confused about this one. Thanks!
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 30, 2016 1:53pm
by Nelson Melville
Kay Freestone putting the moves on Columbo?
When they are alone in her old home, it feels a lot like she is flirting with him, she tells him he is an attractive man and then goes on to give him a massage.The scene has a sexual undertone to it i think although i could be reading too much into it. Is this the c...
Views: 350   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 29, 2016 8:34pm
by James
Netflix to upload entire Columbo series
As all of us netflixing columbo fans know, Netflix only has the first 7 seasons which has missing episodes. This thread is strictly an attempt to gather netflix users to contact Netflix Support and ask them to please upload the missing episodes and seasons 8-13. If w...
Views: 9403   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 29, 2016 8:22pm
by James
r
Rob
I MIss Cass
For those who knew Carleen this sums her up totally. Miss you lass. http://glennferrell.com/site/2012/06/30/goodbye-silly-old-broad/
Views: 524   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 28, 2016 2:35am
by Glenn Ferrell
Just One More Paragraph discontinuing
Just to let anyone who've stopped by to enjoy a story or two that due largely to retirement budget issues, I have cancelled my website and the Columbo fanfic page Just One More Paragraph. I appreciate Ted's continued support, loyalty, and friendship toward the site a...
Views: 549   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 27, 2016 11:21pm
by Eric Paddon
f
Fred
Horrible mistakes made by murderers.
Ward Fowler for instance. He plays a detective and yet he makes a tricky maneuver by not wiping his prints off of the bullets how stupid can you get. Kay Freestone. Why does she have to put the gun on top of the elevator? Just take it with you and dispose of it s...
Views: 476   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 27, 2016 2:02am
by Eric Paddon
Ted
July 22-25: Peter Falk tribute with Bill Link, Mark Dawidziak
Catch Columbo co-creator WIlliam Link, and Columbo scholar supreme Mark Dawidziak, author of "The Columbo Phile" (also renowned critic and Mark Twain impersonator), in this radio/internet tribute to Peter Falk, “live” starting tonight! There are no 2 peo...
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2016 11:47pm
by Ted
The most poignant Columbo moments...
There are scenes in Columbo that I love which are not funny, or amazing, but instead are touching, moving or just plain "nice". Three that immediately spring to mind are: 1/ BYE BYE SKY HIGH IQ MURDER CASE: Near the end when the lights have gone out at the Sigm...
Views: 399   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 22, 2016 7:58pm
by JustOneMoreThing
s
Steve
New Book: Columbo Under Glass: A critical analysis of the cases by Sheldon Catz
Hi Everyone Sheldon was one of the original fans that joined us in 1999. It picks up from where his famous Columbo Newsletter left off. Sheldon was the editor way back in the day. a foreword by Mark Dawidziak, author of The Columbo Phile. Sheldon Catz has been...
Views: 442   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 19, 2016 4:41am
by Ted
How many times does Columbo carry a gun ?
Evening all, relatively new to Columbo. Recently bought the complete boxset off amazon and am enjoying it immensely. One of the things that sets Columbo apart from other cop series is how he doesn't resort to physical violence to nail the villain so such so that he d...
Views: 720   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 17, 2016 7:37pm
by David
what about having a columbo convention in the UK?
What do people think about holding a columbo convention in the UK? I dont know if this has ever been done but it certainly should be! email me if you have any ideas. jesua@hotmail.co.uk
Views: 311   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 15, 2016 2:31pm
by Luther Freestone
r
Rob L
Columbo's most callous killer
For me, one of the main things that made Columbo so good is the interaction between himself and the killers. A good number of the killers had a certain trait that made them sympathetic or likeable in some way. What I was wondering was who would people say was the...
Views: 415   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 15, 2016 1:20pm
by Grant
l
Lee
New Columbo book
Bear Manor Media is teasing a forthcoming book entitled "Columbo Under Glass." Anyone know anything about it?
Views: 427   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 14, 2016 2:16pm
by Verdammt
b
Bruce
Columbos Badge # on Diagnosis Murder
Just finished up the episode "sins of the father" from Diagnosis Murder and discovered a possible tip o' the hat to Columbo. Seems Dr. Sloan's Father has the same Badge number as the good Lt, #416. could just be coincidence, but I do know that the DM team liked to r...
Views: 314   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 14, 2016 12:44pm
by Ted
s
Steve
The murderer's fates?
What would have been the fate of the murderers? Most of them were well known people in their fields, actors, politicians, photographers etc etc.. So would they have been executed or just face a long jail sentence?
Views: 371   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 13, 2016 7:32pm
by Steve
Columbo in HD
Hi all, been reading this board as I'm currently re-watching the series. It's definitely my favourite series of all time. I don't know if this is allowed to be discussed but there is a torrent with all the Columbo episodes in HD going around. I assume it's ripped...
Views: 268   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 7, 2016 2:15pm
by Peter Balk
f
Fred
Kay Freestones Apartment
Make Me a Perfect Murder was just on me TV tonight here in the United States. And there's no doubt in my mind that Kay Freestone and Valerie Kirk were lovers. However, at some point, Valerie asks Kay if she wants her key back to her apartment. Several scenes later...
Views: 295   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 7, 2016 1:39pm
by Rob L
All Columbo Fonts - Download Here
Hi everyone - here's something for all you font freaks, like me. Someone recently posted a link to FOLIO BOLD EXTENDED - the font used in Columbo as well as all the other Mystery Movies of the 1970s, and even superimposed the font over a Columbo screengrab. The font...
Views: 4854   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 30, 2016 6:35pm
by Megan
e
emmo26
Harold Van Wick's watch from 'Playback'
Quite snazzie. was it the first digital watch for the 70's?
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 26, 2016 2:36pm
by Grant
Roddy McDowell watch in Short Fuse?
Has anyone identified the watch?
Views: 360   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 25, 2016 8:52pm
by emmo26
Brian DePalma script
Look what I found...an unproduced script written by Brian Depalma in 1973. What do you think? http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/blog/index.blog?topic_id=1069911 http://eustonfilms.blogspot.it/2012/07/brian-de-palmas-columbo.html
Views: 513   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 25, 2016 8:37pm
by emmo26
g
Gordon
5 Years Ago Today Peter Passed Away
Still missed greatly by his fans
Views: 248   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2016 11:49am
by Ted
peters grave
if you go to findagrave.competerfalk there are some pictures of peters last resting place and a very nice write up about peter
Views: 485   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 22, 2016 6:40pm
by Son Of A Gun
Troubled Waters and Death on the Nile
The crime in Troubled Waters seems to me quite similar to the one of Agatha Christie's 'Death on the Nile'. First, in both cases, the murderer is supposed to be ill and not be able to move, and there lies his alibi. Then, he summarily scrawls an initial in capital...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2016 1:04pm
by Son Of A Gun
w
Watson
How to Dial a Murder
At the end of this episode, when Laurel and Hardy (the Dobermans) get the kill order and jump on Columbo, I think I noticed some food on Columbo's neck. I am thinking it may have been there to entice the dogs to lick Columbo as a sign of affection. I had never notice...
Views: 232   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 19, 2016 5:55pm
by Son Of A Gun
f
Fred
Quiz
I have not posted one of these for many months but it is kind of fun so let's try this. 1. In the episode "By Dawn's Early Light", Cadet Springer has a girlfriend. What is her name? 2. In "Ashes to Ashes" name Verity Chandler's secretary. 3. Findlay Crawford...
Views: 356   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 19, 2016 6:42am
by David
Whats wrong with the 90s?
What makes the 70s episodes so interesting are the interactions between the characters it's almost magic how every interaction has something interesting, even minor parts like a random secretary or neighbor. And Columbno with a mechanic, or Milo and his secretary, K...
Views: 409   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 14, 2016 2:42am
by mark
The intended victim lives...
In STITCH IN TIME Dr Mayfield kills the nurse, but of course his original intended victim, was Dr Hiederman - who then has to be kept alive because Columbo is onto Mayfield. It's the only (old series) Columbo that where the intended victim actually lives.
Views: 298   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2016 4:54am
by Grant
Columbo gets Angry
Now first of all I don't watch the "modern" series of Columbo, so I'm talking about the original ones. Watching A STITCH IN CRIME last night again, reminded me how little Columbo really loses his temper. Off the top of my head I can only think of two: this one whe...
Views: 401   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 8, 2016 5:48am
by Grant
g
Grant
Goldie's Former Job
It isn't a plot point in the story, so I just wonder out of curiosity, but in BLUEPRINT FOR MURDER, what was Goldie's background before marrying Beau? I wonder because in one scene, she changes into what looks like an outfit right out of a Broadway or Las Vegas type...
Views: 308   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 7, 2016 12:37am
by Grant
Did an actress play a tv staff in these two Columbos?
In Columbo goes to College, the woman who received the tape of the shooting In Caution Murder can be hazardus to your Health, the woman who says that Wade doesn't like people smoking in his office.
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2016 9:44pm
by Stephen
k
Kathy
Just noticed interesting part in final scene on Playback
I just realized something I never quite noticed before. In the final scene of Playback when Columbo and Harold are looking at the tapes (Columbo is just about to nail him), Columbo asks Harold if he recognizes the invitation. Harold says no, and Columbo says "Well th...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2016 12:23pm
by Royal Fool
Question about credits
Why is it that some pivotal roles (often the victim), the actor does not get credit in the opening credits, just the closing credits. And then occasionally actors who have nothing more than one or two lines and weren't even portraying a pivotal role still get credit...
Views: 248   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2016 12:15pm
by Royal Fool
Travel Town in Identity Crisis
Does anyone have any idea why the episode has Columbo going to Travel Town for his lunch? I notice that many other TV shows such as Adam 12, Chips and Knight rider have used Travel Town in episodes as well. Would the city of LA be encouraging shows to promote it?...
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2016 5:37am
by Bill
w
Watson
Seasons 8 through 10 - where to find?
Hello everyone, Netflix offers seasons 1 through 7 of Columbo to its subscribers. Any ideas why the other / later seasons are not available? More importantly, would you know where I might be able to find them online? Thank you in advance, Long time Columb...
Views: 257   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 4, 2016 9:00am
by Watson
w
Watson
Surprised that 'Try and Catch Me" w/ the fabulous Ruth Gordon is not ranked higher
I was surprised to see "Try & Catch Me" is not ranked higher on the Columbo Poll! It is a wonderful episode, one of my absolute favorites. I can never get tired of watching it. All episodes are great but there is something about this one in particular. Maybe it is Ru...
Views: 361   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 3, 2016 11:02pm
by Kathy
Bait the hook and reel 'em in...
What's everyone's favourite Columbo "gotcha" moment? The bit where he makes the killer almost give themselves away? Mine, as an example, is in MURDER UNDER GLASS when Columbo is shopping with Paul Gerrard. Columbo suggests a scenario of how Vittorio Rossi could ha...
Views: 261   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2016 12:04pm
by Royal Fool
Candidate for Crime
In candidate for crime, just thought about the time lapse between Columbo hearing on the radio at the dentist that Hayward had been shot, and when Columbo went to Hayward's house to tell him the news. You would think with that significant amount of time that Hayward'...
Views: 266   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2016 4:13am
by Watson
BLUEPRINT FOR MURDER - WHO IS MARKHAM TALKING TO...?
In this episode, Columbo comes to the building site where there is a presentation of Markham's latest project. Now, as Columbo goes to push in, Markham is talking to someone saying "... in fact if he chooses it can become virtually a second home..." but who is he...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2016 2:04pm
by Verdammt
f
Fred
Humorous things that only Columbo could do
Last night, I watched "A friend in deed." It was hilarious when he dropped his cigar in the Commissioners car and then picked it up at the wrong end. Also, in "Make me a Perfect Murder" when Flannigan wishes him good luck he says "Thank you sir Im sure it will...
Views: 425   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 1, 2016 11:56am
by Royal Fool
Rosanna Huffman 1938-2016
Rosanna Huffman who appeared in Suitable for Framing and Rest in Peace, Mrs Columbo and who was also married to Richard Levinson has died aged 77
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 30, 2016 1:54am
by bugs54
What to fans here think of SHERLOCK series
What do COLUMBO fans think of the SHERLOCK series? I just watched eps 1 & 2 of Season 1 on Netflix last week. It's a good show, Holmes is amazingly intelligent, observant and intuitive, but the show just moves too fast, with too many clues, and too many assumptio...
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 25, 2016 12:29pm
by Royal Fool
The Most Crucial Game, ending
It was well acted but surely all he had to say was that he'd forgot to wind the clock up on the murder day, so there were no chimes as it was not running? Also, phone records are an often used device, Columbo could have checked and found out the second call was not f...
Views: 505   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 25, 2016 12:25pm
by Royal Fool
Favorite Columbo Villian
Mine is Patrick McGoohan. What a talented actor. He's done 4 episodes and directed some Columbos.
Views: 366   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 23, 2016 4:25pm
by Grant
Try and Catch Me
“…I’m only really intelligent when I write.” I have to go along with that, because if Abigail had been possessed of a worldly clue, she’d have left Edmund’s keys right where they were. If she had, it would have supported any sub...
Views: 397   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 18, 2016 12:00pm
by Royal Fool
Captcha on this Forum is frustrating
Why does this forum use Captcha it's a real pain to use. There are much easier Captcha methods like the the simple check box for I'm not a robot. The whole process is a total bummer. I'd hope to keep this forum alive but this Captcha thing is not helping. Str...
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 17, 2016 9:24pm
by J Wilton Jones
Other shows Columbo fans should like/dislike
As fans are we predisposed to liking certain shows that have the same qualities we see in the Columbo series. Equally are there some shows that Columbo fans would/should never like? I for one can't watch Murder She Wrote as I see it as a poor man's version with none...
Views: 327   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 17, 2016 2:01pm
by Verdammt
e
Erik
Columbo essay
Here's something I wrote about Columbo. I hope you enjoy it!
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 17, 2016 4:22am
by David C.
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29