The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
f
Fred
Mac
Or is it "Mack?" I wouldn't have minded if "Mac" appeared on other episodes besides "Last Salute to the Commodore."
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2006 5:52pm
by Fred
a
Athar
Availability
any idea if the DVDs or VHS available in Dubai??
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2006 9:38am
by Athar
Ballad of Lieutenant Columbo
(sung to the tune of "The Ballad of John and Yoko" Standing with a cigar in his mouth, Wears a trenchcoat and ruffled hair, "Just one more thing, sir", he says to the killer, To Johnny Cash how could he dare He's Lieutenant Columbo, Seems Italian it's true...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2006 5:27am
by Adam Zen B
z
Zandy
Dagger in the mind (so to speak).
Just as Columbo identifies himself (and who he was with) to Lilly at the Haversham funeral, the next shot exposes Durk pecking his wife on the cheek and patting her on the rear-end as if to shuffle her on her way. I'd never noticed that before.
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2006 1:26am
by Zandy
g
Greig
BBC Public Information film
A little film clip from 1977 warning British viewers of the dangers of watching TV without buying your TV licence first. (Sorry for the huge URL!) http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da680036fc0/bb/09012da680037152_16x9_bb.ram
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2006 2:58pm
by Greig
Too Many Notes - Too Many Pieces Of Glass
Here's something which I submitted a long time ago to this site as a flub. Ted responded that it's not really so much a flub as it is a necessary "cleaning up" by the production crew. Findlay Crawford drugs his victim's glass of champagne. When the victim passes...
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2006 5:51pm
by Headache2112
t
Todd
1970s Columbo Game
Hi, I have a weird request here. A friend of mine found on ebay the Columbo board game that game out in the 1970s--the one with the cards that make up th4 suspects, weapons, or Columbo and you have the motive cards. Well, we absolutely love playing it but we have o...
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2006 1:04pm
by Todd
s
sabra
interesting peter falk page
interesting peter falk page www.imdb.com/name/nm0000393/
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2006 8:57pm
by sabra
Seanson 4 reg. 1
It has been set for a march 14th release
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2005 3:29am
by DerUberfliger
merry xmas
A Merry Columbo Christmas to everyone who loves him as much as me!!!
Views: 150   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2005 10:08pm
by heather
When is Columbo Season 4 released in the UK?
Does anyone have any idea when Season 4 is out in the UK? I know it's out in the US in March, but it's normally out here a few months after. Anyone got any dates?
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2005 4:29pm
by Columbo fanatic
d
Dirk
Last night's Conan
Did anybody catch Conan O'Brien last night? He was doing a little sketch in which he watches made-up (and purportedly hilarious) cable channels, and one of them was the "Columbo Screen Test Channel". They went through two guys who were pretty dreadful, and then they...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 4:23am
by Dirk
4th season box art update
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4678 Oh, I am being so good this year. Santa's gonna have to make two, maybe three, trips. Joe
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 12:43pm
by Joe Thomas
f
Fred
Last Salute to the Commodore
Curiosity....when Columbo and Charles Clay are downstairs in his boat, Columbo is on the phone with the coast guard. He then asks Mr. Clay what "jive" means. The next shot is on top of .... WHAT boat? Is it upstairs on Clay's boat or did they go back to the Co...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 3:48pm
by Fred
blythe danner
When I watched Etude in Black the other day the announcer after the show mentioned that Blythe Danner was 5 months pregnant with Gwyneth Paltrow. Amazing! I wished I had known at the beginning! Did she have a job disguising the fact? just a thought
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2005 12:41pm
by sarah i
Columbo: The Most Crucial Game
Peter Falk and Robert Culp were pretty good in this "Columbo" film. I liked the scene where Columbo visists a hooker and he gets mistaken for a client, that was very entertaining and funny. The hooker was played by Valerie Harper. Peter Falk has some films in the ca...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2005 1:07am
by Victoria
Jorge
One of the shows ends with the woman murderer driven quite insane by Columbo's persistence and she wanders around yelling, "Don't mock me, Jorge". Does anyone know which show this is from? Thanks.
Views: 156   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2005 7:54pm
by Allan Abbott
g
Greig
Odd eBay item
Someone has Peter Falk's high school yearbook up for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/Peter-Falk-Columbo-Year-Book-Wizard-Rare-OOAK-1941_W0QQitemZ7715255545QQcategoryZ39727QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Price is a bit steep! I wonder if PF even has a copy of that.
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2005 12:17am
by Greig
m
mat
board style
Hi, The site isnt swithing to the board style and cant read it with the threads running down, any chance of it being sorted. Yes im being a pain. God bless, Matthew
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2005 1:41pm
by mat
Short Mention of New Episode on Web
From: http://smallscreen.monstersandcritics.com/article_1045414.php/Falk_and_ABC_talking_%60Columbo%60_scripts Falk and ABC talking `Columbo` scripts Sep 1, 2005, 19:55 GMT NEW YORK, NY, United States (UPI) -- It`s been three years since ABC TV last aired a...
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2005 8:32pm
by Pete Matzek
Peter Falk on Jimmy Kimmel and The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Peter Falk will be on "Jimmy Kimmel" and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". He will be on Tuesday night at 12:05 on ABC. He will also be on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" later on during the month with Paul Reiser at his side. We should pray for people in the south who are no...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 3:35am
by Victoria
Mrs. Columbo... and her sister
In another area on this message board, others have written that Kate Mulgrew is not their idea of what the "true" Mrs. Columbo should really look like. I have to agree. However, it is interesting that in the episode, "Rest In Peace, Mrs. Columbo" we do get a look...
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 5:12am
by Headache2112
s
Sharon
Mistake in "Caution: Murder can be dangerous to your health" ?
Hi Guys. Was watching above episode recently and noticed something that I had to mention. I don't know if anyone has picked it up yet so here goes. When Wade Anders sets up the murder of the other guy he gets a disk with news stories on it. At the time it only had...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 12:44pm
by Sharon
Columbo: Publish Or Perish
Hello everybody, I am here yet again. Jack Cassidy does a first rate job in this "Columbo". This has a very explosive opening. Cassidy hires John Chandler to kill an author. This "Columbo" is very well written. I hope people liked it as much as I did. I think thi...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2005 1:54am
by Victoria
Columbo: Publish Or Perish
Hello everybody, I am here yet again. Jack Cassidy does a first rate job in this "Columbo". This has a very explosive opening. Cassidy hires John Chandler to kill an author. This "Columbo" is very well written. I hope people liked it as much as I did. I think thi...
Views: 191   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2005 1:41am
by Victoria
Second Murders
There are a number of Columbo episodes I've noticed that have a situation where the killer commits an initial murder that could have been explained in a way that might have gotten them off the hook (accident, self-defense) or at the very least generated some sympathy...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2005 8:08pm
by Eric Paddon
Another 'Columbo Car' on t.v.
UK viewers who watch the soap 'Sons and Daughters' will have seen in recent episode that the character 'Debbie' has been GIVEN a Columbo car - and it is grey!
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2005 5:48pm
by stephen
m
mat
columbo on hallmark and sky
Hallmark Sunday 28th August By Dawn's Early Light 11am An Exercise in Fatality 1pm Troubled Waters 3pm Negative Reaction 5pm Forgotten Lady 7pm Monday 29th August By Dawns Early Light 2am Now You See Him 9am Last Salute to the Commodore 11am Ident...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2005 4:35pm
by mat
The Dentist Scene
I watched Candidate for Crime....the dvd...and I finally got to see the infamous dentist scene where the dentist is talking about the Mafia....what a hoot!!! And then you have Peter...who looks like he is actually gagging!! A lot of you have mentioned this scene be...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2005 3:59am
by cassavetes45
m
mat
columbo on tv in the uk in august
Happy to see that Etude in black is on on the 22nd on five at 3:30pm. Missed it last week on Hallmark. Upcoming episodes. Any old port in a storm hallmark tonight 9pm Candidate for crime Hallmark sun 14th 3pm & 10pm Swan song five monday 15th 3:30pm Swan son...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2005 7:22pm
by mat
q
Q
Columbo movies on the Biography Channel
Has anyone been watching the Columbo movies on the Biography Channel, Saturdays at 9? Have these episodes been edited more than the first airings? They seem to have ads every 15 minutes. I e-mailed A&E/ Biography, they never replied. Thanks!
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 8:10pm
by Q
dvds
Got mine in the mail yesteday.I ordered online as soon as I heard about it.Can't wait for the next season.It will have my favorite episode "Playback".
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2005 12:14pm
by justonemorething
m
mat
rock star
Was it simply columbo's naivity (sorry i cant spell) that resulted in Hammond getting out of the apartment. Certainly he doesnt look at all bothered by Hammond getting away and was very open about who it was at the door. Also in this episode Columbo skips the que...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2005 6:56pm
by mat
m
Mike H
Butterfly In Shades Of Grey
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Butterfly In Shades Of Grey? Many thanks!
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2005 1:12pm
by Mike H
Interesting forum. Cheers from David Letterman
I accidently stumbled on this site and I want to say that Columbo is really funny (which I love as you might know if you watch my show) and that is what makes him great! David Letterman
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2005 4:46am
by David Letterman
g
Greig
RIP Evan Hunter/Ed McBain
The excellent writer Evan Hunter, probably best known under the name Ed McBain, passed away on July 6th aged 78. Although Columbo only featured briefly in his career, and the two episodes that adapted his stories (No Time To Die and Undercover) are not exactly the...
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 6:14pm
by Greig
COLUMBO IS THE KING IN QUEENS
DEAR COLUMBO FANS: I WATCH THE KING OF QUEENS ON JUNE 15. IN THE EPISODE THERE IS A MAN WHO DOES IMPRESSIONS. KEVINJAMES CHARACTER GETS JEALOUSE SO HE TRIES TO WIN EVERYONES AFFECTION BUT BOMBS. HE DOES IT AGAIN BUT THIS TIME AT HOME WITH HIS WIFE. HE DOES A H...
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2005 8:06pm
by DAMIAN ENRIQUEZ
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12