Start a New Topic 
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
OCTOPUS WATCH OFFICER
Under "Unidentified Uploads" in the photo library there is a 5"X6" photo of an emblem, possibily something that could be afixed to a wooden plaque for a OWO qualifying at some command or a gag giftwhen an OWO was leaving the Command. It could even be something given...
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 02, 2012
by Chuck Cable
13 th Pay Check and Taxes
They always find a way to screw us. I usuly get a small refund but check #13 blew my winning streak. I owe them this time. Marshall
Views: 499   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2012
by Marshall Pittman
Ice breaker test
I attended TQL training in St Mawgans, and they started with a team building ice breaker involving aproblem with an immenent nuclear attack. You had to decide on who you were going to take into your shelter in order to be able to save the human race from extintion....
Views: 406   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2012
by edward dyer
Argentia Pictures circa 1962
Rose Oldford Pestrue has posted an album of Arg pics from 1962 on Facebook. It's on the 'Naval Facility Argentia, Newfoundland' Page. There's some really great shots of aircraft on Northside! Russ
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2012
by Russ Burkhard
New Photos
It's nice looking thru old photos online. I am glad we have this web site, thanks to all involved. Does anyone have any photos of Whidbey Island.
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2011
by Sonny (Roy) Robe...
Todays fast pace Christmas Story.
This is an amazing site, check it out. http://www.flixxy.com/digital-christmas-story.htm Chuck
Views: 474   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2011
by Chuck Cable
miss you
Walt....I so miss your laghter and happy persoality. Also the "HEY GUYS" regular emails. Thanks especially to your special 'somone' who gave you so much unconditional love for so many years...God bless you Peggy!
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 05, 2011
by Barb Serr
Robert Snuggs Honored by U.S. Naval Submarine League
Robert “Bob” M. Snuggs was recognized at the Naval Submarine League Annual Symposium banquet on October 20,2011, with the Distinguished Civilian Award for his outstanding contributions to U.S. national security, the Department of Defense and the submarine...
Views: 1265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011
by Jim Donovan
Request for donations to NOPF WI Historical Display Cases
Request comes from CDR Vogt, CO NOPF Whidbey Island. CAPT Donovan, If I may request your assistance I would like to use the newsletter to call for help from the IUSSCAA membership. In our effort to bridge the gap between yesterday's and today's IUSS Sailor, w...
Views: 670   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011
by Director, IUSSCA...
2012 Cheatham Annex Memorial Week IUSS/SOSUS event (21-29 May)
The 30th Annual Cheatham Annex Memorial Week Camping Trip is currently in the planning stages. The event takes place near Williamsburg, VA. Pictures from last year's event are located in the photo albums on this website. If anyone is interested in attending for the...
Views: 938   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2011
by Jim Donovan
Another New Job Posting - IUSS related
The last job posted here was filled quickly by an IUSS alum. Here's another. I just (4 November) received word on this one. If anyone is interested, the job is in Manassas VA and the company does pay pretty well. If seriously interested please submit resume throug...
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 04, 2011
by Jim Donovan
Views: 553   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2011
by Rick Matthews
Advancement exam humor
I took the OT2 exam while on leave at NAS Pensacola. I had just flown in from Kef, so I didn't have a set of whites or salt & peppers. My uncle was an AC1 and helped me get a uniform together so I could take the exam. After the proctors read their opening statemen...
Views: 420   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2011
by Ray Edmondson
Inclusion of email addresses in posts
All, It is OK to include your email address in the email field of the posting form. However, I cannot recommend including any email address in the text of a posting. The reason is that all postings are collected and indexed by countless web-bots like Google and mi...
Views: 446   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 06, 2011
by Webmaster
Military calls for boost in ocean surveillance
Canada's military wants the Harper government to take part in rebuilding a Cold War ocean surveillance system, arguing that the country's waters, including the approaches to the Arctic, are vulnerable to Chinese and Russian submarines. The current system, overseen...
Views: 360   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011
by Robert Kozloski
9/11 Approaches
It's hard to imagine that it's been 10 years already. There is a large banner that flies outside a Coors plant that I drive by every day on the way to work, which simply states "9/11, Never Forget". You don't see reminders that conspicuous too often.....I like it alot.
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011
by Randy Scott
NOPF Whidbey Island Change of Command
August 11, 2011 I was honored to attend the Change of Command and witness the professionalism displayed during the ceremony. Captain C. Rauch, Commander Undersea Surveillance, was the guest speaker as Commander Jason A. Vogt assumed Command from Commander Marc...
Views: 577   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011
by Dave Bailey
TRICARE Fees are again being considered for significant increase
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/04/military-money-on-chopping-block-as-lawmakers-seek-savings/
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 05, 2011
by Rick Matthews
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
OUSTANDING CAREER!!! Kathy you have earned every second of your 29 years (various Naval Commands, your kids and, of course, Jim (hahah)). Now its time to enjoy life after the military. Sue and I wish you the very best. Again,Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011
by Buddy & Sue Krie...
Centerville Beach 2012 Reunion
Jane Wimpelberg has announced that the reunion of ALL NFCB alumni will be held in Port Richey, Florida, from June 7th thru June 10th, 2012. Jane will be providing additional details throughout this year. She has set a tentative deadline for declaring attendance by Ma...
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2011
by Dave Bailey
James Robert Vaughan
I noticed a death notice for James Robert Vaughan in the Times Standard newspaper today - It mentions he was at Centerville Beach from July 1976 to October 1981 - He also helped decommission Midway - It mentions he visited Bermuda, Keflavik and St Johns. It appears h...
Views: 483   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2011
by Jim Matthias
Tricare Benefits
Lots of "Crap" in the Vet Report this week!!!! Chuck TRICARE Too Sweet a Deal? Week of June 06, 2011 A recent headline in USA Today's editorial section read, "Our view: Military's TRICARE Benefits are Too Sweet a Deal." While the editorial concedes that healt...
Views: 375   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 06, 2011
by Chuck Cable
My Memorial Day
I was honored to spend part of my Memorial Day visiting the Vietnam Memorial Moving Wall at an American Legion post here in Illinois. Talk about a humbling experience. A good friend is listed on the wall. My wife & 2 of my daughters went back with me last night for a...
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2011
by George Janacek
NOPF Dam Neck Change of Command - 13 May, 2011
Kathy and I had the pleasure of attending Naval Ocean Processing Facility (NOPF) Dam Neck Change of Command ceremony yesterday. CDR Marc Seiner, USN was relieved by his Executive Officer, CDR Dan McGuinness, USN. The command currently consists of approximately 240...
Views: 809   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2011
by Jim Donovan
2 minute Video
This Video reminded of all I knew who passed before this was built. Take a look. http://media.causes.com/1060527?p_id=175378540 Chuck
Views: 477   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2011
by Chuck Cable
h
hal
Stealth Helicopter used by seals. Noise comparison
Nice article and video about the SEALS helicopter at http://tinyurl.com/43bvmg3 gives and example of the sound produced by a normal MH60S and the one the SEALS used.
Views: 500   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 05, 2011
by hal
Passing of Doyal Cooper
Just heard a few hours ago that ex OTA1 Doyal G. Cooper "Coop" passed away on April 4th. Dont know the details. Many of you may have known Doyal in Iceland, Brawdy and Japan. Dont have funeral or other info just thought I would pass along the info I have.
Views: 532   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2011
by Philip Burnett
Possiblity of no retirement checks OR social security checks May 18th
This link indicates that unless the congress raises the debt ceiling, we may not be paid at all, nor will SS recipients get their checks. this is regardless of the current continuing resolution to keep the government going or to shut it down. This is a different crisis.
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 06, 2011
by Hal Cook, OTACS,...
Ex-Rad, the U.S. Military's Radiation Wonder Drug
"In what has to be one of the greatest accomplishments in the history of military medicine, the U. S. military has developed a radiation protection drug known as Ex-Rad that can give protection through DNA repair against otherwise lethal dosages of radiation. Ex-Rad,...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011
by Rick Matthews
Great Earthquake (8.9) In Japan!
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Japanese people and our American military friends during this time of great tribulation. No doubt thousands will be lost. Our friends on Guam, Midway, Hawaii, Alaska, and the west cost are also in our prayers. Incredible destruc...
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2011
by Rick Matthews
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Visits: