The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
What was the Tricon company?
Mr Lacey talks about them getting rid of him, and he is some kind of accountant, seemingly. Later, Columbo refers to it as an employment company where he called Mr Lacey's answering machine. And if Mr Lacey was an employment agency person there should not be many sta...
Views: 28   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2024 3:19am
by JT
d
davor
name of fisherman in any old port storm
does anyvone knows who pla*** fisherman in any old port in storm https://community-imdb.sprinklr.com/conversations/i-need-to-know/actor-who-pla***-the-fisherman-in-columbo-any-old-port-in-a-storm/608de7cceae73941980d0582
Views: 53   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 7, 2024 5:22am
by Vito Scotti
No African American Killers...why?
I've been a fan of the Columbo series for years, but to this day, I don't understand why there has never been a black murderer on this show. My own theories for the "classic" shows of the 70s is that mostly all of the killers were in important, often high-paying pro...
Views: 820   Replies: 41
Last Post: May 5, 2024 12:15am
by Naz
b
Brett
New Book: Unshot Columbo by David Koenig
I've got my copy, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. David's previous book, Shooting Columbo was an interesting read, I'm looking forward to diving into this one. https://bonaventurepress.com/product/unshot-columbo-paperback/
Views: 44   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2024 1:45pm
by JT
Columbo and the fourth wall
Do other people think in 'Murder A Self Portrait', at the end when Columbo asks about the painting, that as he's the only one in shot he's asking the audience if he really looks like that? Also, thinking about Barsini and Carsini, I found out there was a real life...
Views: 369   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2024 6:17pm
by Stephen
troubled waters quizzie
i was just watching this one and i still enjoy how ben gazzara directed it..he made it fun right from the beginning where columbo is racing all around trying to find his wife. and if there are any naysayers out there that believe that columbo made up his wife, thi...
Views: 704   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 15, 2011 9:24pm
by tffff
g
Grant
Ransom For A Dead Man question
One thing has always bothered me about Margaret's big next-to-last scene with Leslie. Since she and Columbo are working together by then, how much of what she does in the scene does he actually know about beforehand? It bothers me that he would approve of her getting...
Views: 137   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2024 1:53am
by john
m
Matti
Negative Reaction comments
Hello guys, I've been commenting each episode couple of times on this forum, maybe you even read it :P But still - each time I watch episode, I see things that I never saw before or just have new comments, so here they are about Negative Reaction: - I am still...
Views: 72   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2024 3:43pm
by TR
r
Rob
Top 25
This popped up on my news feed this morning. All subjective of course but nonetheless, cool. https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/the-25-best-episodes-of-columbo-ranked/ss-BB1iMaPx?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=f253507481fa4b31baa5cdaf72690de5&ei=10#image=26
Views: 65   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2024 3:41pm
by TR
v
VENTO
The "Nicest" villain
Who do you think was a villain, that was nice to Columbo and almost never had any argue with him.Of course women are in majority here, I guess, these are my candidates: 1)Top of the tops:-Faye Dunaway as Janet Stanton Then we have: 2)Anne Baxxter as Nora Chand...
Views: 503   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 7, 2009 4:35pm
by Marple
s
Steve
Forum Update
Hi Columbo fans thank you for giving me the time to clean up the forum. I have gone through 100s of messages and removed spam etc.. I have also introduced a new filter to capture profanity, bad Language. I have been monitoring for the last 2 weeks and it seems to...
Views: 88   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 8, 2024 2:53pm
by Steve
Bond and Twin Peaks crossovers
As a fan of the Bond films and Twin peaks series I was wondering about actor crossovers with Columbo. Without giving it extensive thought a few spring to mind. Bond Honor Blackman (Goldfinger) Patrick Bachau (View to a Kill) Donald Pleasance (You Only Live Tw...
Views: 56   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 24, 2024 3:22pm
by Grant
s
Steve
Fan Forum update
Hi everyone I have create a Bravenet support ticket to complain that their Use Default Profanity Filter List? which is on is not working and letting through Profanity that should be blocked. I will keep you all posted Kind regards Steve and Ted
Views: 71   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2024 1:02pm
by Stephen
j
JBT33
DEAD WEIGHT HOUSE
I love this site and visit it frequently to catch up on discussions and trivia. I especially enjoy trying to find the filming locations used during the series. I don't know what the fascination is with this, but it is fun. That being said, I believe I've located t...
Views: 5429   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 21, 2024 11:19am
by davor
Universal shot down my Columbo short story book
My very first spec script was written for Columbo; I have fond memories of sitting by my mother's knee, as a child, watching every episode. It took me four years but I finally found a way to have Peter Falk read it thanks to some great people that helped me along...
Views: 71   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2024 5:43pm
by Douglas Wentwort...
m
mark
What was the deal with Poupee' Bocar?
The last topic made me think of this actress from Troubled Waters. Not much info online about her?
Views: 2461   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 19, 2024 9:34pm
by ChicagoCub
f
Fred
"Me? I'd have taken a plane."
Of course I'm referring to Murder by the Book. This clue really makes no sense to me but it is a "little" thing that added up to Franklin's guilt. But this means very little. In the 1970s I'm sure planes ran from San Diego to LA every 30 minutes, but Franklin'...
Views: 273   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 19, 2024 9:21pm
by Stephen
Etude in Black
Anyone ever notice the grave faux pas on this episode in that, Columbo takes a witness, a Minor no doubt, to identify a suspect face to face? That would never happen in real life. Also, Alex ran for who knows how far in a Tux and heavy overcoat and hardly even broke...
Views: 72   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2024 7:21pm
by Grant
g
ghera
Searching for a filming location
hello, Does anyone know where the "Castle" is? where were shot several scenes of the episode N ° 51 S9 E2 "Columbo cries wolf" (at 00h01'02 '' - swimming pool, at 00h01'24 '' - frontage, at 00h01'37 '' - entrance, at 00h02 '53' '- other facade). Attention, it is...
Views: 1915   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 17, 2024 6:56pm
by ghera
f
Fred
Dead Weight
Since I decided to watch all episodes in order, I 'forced' myself to watch this one. It is definitely not on my favorites list, however, Eddie Albert does a good job of portraying General Hollister. Other than that, I can't say much for the episode because I reall...
Views: 386   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 14, 2006 8:03am
by Grant
THE CONSPIRATORS on bluray
Happy to report that the music for the climactic chase scene- inexplicably missing from the DVD- has been restored!
Views: 83   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 18, 2024 9:25pm
by Bruce Marshall
How did Paul Hanlon got in and out of the stadium?
I watched this episode a number of times and I still can't understand how Paul Hanlon got in and out of the stadium without being detected even if they didn't recognise him? All Columbo has to do is ask the stadium's security, did you see anyone come in and out of t...
Views: 137   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 23, 2023 2:33pm
by Grant
p
Paul
running down hill
Which is the episode where Columbo runs down a hill and cant stop and falls spectacularly. I think it was a mistake that was kept in the film and Peter Falk did not have a stunt double.
Views: 1943   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 2, 2024 3:01pm
by Wendy
New Columbo-like series, Elsbeth on CBS (USA) / Paramount streaming
Check it out, Columbo fans! Pilot aired on Leap Day, 2024 and is available On-Demand from CBS. Airing weekly on Thursday nights on CBS and Paramount+, 10pm ET. There is some confusion as to Episode 2 airing on March 7 or April 4th. I'm always game for a Columbo tr...
Views: 61   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2024 2:19pm
by David C
Re: Potential Columbo Quotes
Columbo going to confession: "Bless me father for I have sinned...uh..oh..uh...wait a second..gee what did I do with that list...oh..here it..no, that's not it..."
Views: 224   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 26, 2006 8:36pm
by A.Non.
A Day at the Carsini Winery
on location, carsini winery any old port in a storm
Views: 9053   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 28, 2024 7:51pm
by Stephen
o
olga
OLD FASHIONED MURDER
HI EVERYONE :) I was wondering- how do you interpret Columbo's implications concerning the relationship between Ruth Lytton, her niece Janie and the "secret" behind her sister's marriage...? ( Old Fashioned Murder) olga
Views: 634   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 20, 2024 12:45am
by David C
Old Fashioned Murder
Watched this again for the umpteenth time, and just wonder why the one person who was the real downfall of her life's happiness - her sister - was the only person she didn't kill or implicate (as she did her niece). I guess you could argue she was taking away everyo...
Views: 379   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 20, 2024 12:25am
by David C
The two Danzigers
Was there any reason for having two characters named Danziger? Nothing wrong with the name but not exactly common like Smith or Jones etc.
Views: 396   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 19, 2024 3:57pm
by David C
g
Grant
Best "Red Herrings"
Apart from LAST SALUTE FOR THE COMMODORE (and in a way DOUBLE SHOCK), the audience knows who the killer is, but which characters would the audience be very tempted to suspect if the show WERE a murder mystery? One that took me forever to think of is Murcheson in L...
Views: 338   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 19, 2024 3:54pm
by David C
Old Fashioned Murder teleplay
Did anyone know that the teleplay for Old Fashioned Murder and Fade Into Murder was written by Peter Feibleman, the actor who played Milton Schaeffer in Old Fashioned Murder? I didn't know that. Just watched it on Cozi TV, and sadly they cut the best part out - the...
Views: 213   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 19, 2024 3:50pm
by David C
m
Matti
Old Fashioned Murder
A little strange episode for me. With some special atmosphere. I never liked it but lately I'm trying to force myself to like it more. And maybe I succeed :) Not so much to write about it (and maybe that is one of the reasons why I don't like it so much) but: - the...
Views: 158   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 19, 2024 3:47pm
by David C
m
Matti
Old Fashioned Murder
Do you like this episode? It is definately not my favourite, but maybe it is a little underestimated? Anyway as usual there are some things which I'd like to share - I don't exactly follow Columbo's discovery about Shaeffer's note in the pocket. Columbo says: this n...
Views: 103   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2024 3:11pm
by David C
Columbo and Burke's Law
Columbo actors Gene Barry and Gary Conway starred in Burke's Law, also appearing were, Eddie Albert, Don Ameche, John Cassavetes, Anne Francis, George Hamilton, Celeste Holm, Ida Lupino, Sal Mineo, Ricardo Montalbán, Agnes Moorehead, William Shatner, probably...
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2024 1:03am
by Stephen
j
JT
Best Episode Soundtracks
Just wondering which episodes had the best soundtracks for you. I have quite a few, but I'd like to see what others have to say.
Views: 64   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 18, 2024 8:00pm
by Lucerne
Death Lends A Hand...
In my continuing onslaught to force-feed my husband Columbo episodes..we watched Death Lends A Hand tonight. I will probably be all over the board here in my comments, and I will be rambling from one thing to another..so bear with me...these were some of the things t...
Views: 921   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 9:31pm
by cassavetes45
p
Peter
Location of scene of preparation room in "Ashes to Ashes".
Where was the scene of the preparation room shot in "Ashes to Ashes"?
Views: 76   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2024 6:52pm
by David Koenig
Can’t help watching the same episode again and again
Amazon Prime is now showing all the columbo episodes on its streaming service we’ve had some murderers appear more than once, jack Cassidy being one of my favourites but one who gets overlooked and forgotten about even though she had an evil way of killing her...
Views: 103   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2024 3:29am
by Columbofan
Funny Little Personal Story about Swan Song
This is a (hopefully) funny little personal story about the Columbo episode Swan Song that I've been meaning to share here for many years so I thought now was about time to finally share it with you all. One day I was over at my older brother's house and he started w...
Views: 94   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2024 2:39am
by Grant
m
Matti
Sex And The Married Detective
I am not against this episode, but definitely not one of favourites. I will not have many comments this time because this is rather average so I focused on some details mostly: - I wonder which Agatha Christie book was given to Joan for her trip to Chicago. I like h...
Views: 105   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2024 11:32am
by David C
Sex and the Married Detective IMDB review
https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3273535/?ref_=tt_urv Someone actually wrote a review, giving the episode a 2/10, complaining that " her lover is fooled by a wig and makeup? And a fake hooker name? No, YOU were fooled! I can't imagine someone really watching this...
Views: 71   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2024 11:01am
by David C
j
JT
Fugu in the news
I came across this story and immediately thought of "Murder Under Glass", the fiendish Paul Girard and his fugu poisoning of dear old Vittorio. Interestingly, while reading the article (and a few others) it appears it usually takes a bit longer for the poison to t...
Views: 60   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2024 12:51am
by David C
Murder by the Book, Naughty Innuendo
After Ken Franklin's post-murder, solo interview with the beautiful blonde "Gloria", Ken says "Perhaps under better circumstances, [...], I can give you a more detailed interview, even in more depth, to which she replies "mmmmm, that'll be nice", as he kisses her han...
Views: 100   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2024 12:05am
by JT
j
John
Columbo Prop Department Getting Lazy???
We're all (mostly) familiar with the reappearance of Mrs. Melville in "The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case", but I'm always on the look out for other instances of the Columbo Prop Department slipping in repeat items. I believe I've found another one. While watching W...
Views: 284   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 30, 2024 10:56pm
by David C
If Last Salute had been the last one...
Probably covering old ground here but if 'Last Salute' had been the last Columbo, these are the episodes I think it would have been a shame not to have seen. - Fade into Murder (Shatner and Falk's chemistry) - How to Dial a Murder (Rosebud - say no more) - Colum...
Views: 120   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 23, 2024 3:37pm
by Fred
uneasy lies the crown....new episode..
..well, new to me anyway. i finally got to see this for the first time yesterday on the biography channel. it didn't start out so good because the channel was having technical problems and there was no sound, so the first 20 minutes or so i had to read the closed ca...
Views: 428   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 23, 2024 3:11pm
by David C
racing car sabotage episode
Dear all, I have recently heard of a Columbo episode in which the criminal saws the steering bar of a racing car, causing a crash and an explosion, presumably killing the driver. It mentioned it was an early episode, but I have read the scenarios of the first four s...
Views: 317   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 23, 2024 2:59pm
by David C
Crucial Game question
I never have figured out the motive for Robert Culp to murder "the kid"?
Views: 101   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2024 1:01pm
by Stephen
t
tffff
"I wish you had been a chef"
What does this line at the end of 'Murder Under Glass' mean? I'd always assumed Gerard was saying that if Columbo had been a chef, he would have got away with the murder, but is something else meant? The way Columbo replies "I understand" in quite an understated way...
Views: 511   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 17, 2024 11:39am
by Jason
s
scott
Exercise in Fatality Ending - Need Help - Makes No Sense
Hello everyone! Someone please explain the ending to me. It makes no sense. I've read the descriptions in other threads and, I am sorry, it still makes no sense. How does Milo know is WEARING his gym clothes? Didn't Gene tell him as much! I'm working out......
Views: 1003   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 16, 2024 7:20pm
by Stephen
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10