World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

Hi All!

It's up! Enjoy!

Dragonfly

Yay Dragonfly!
great job! Excellent actually! Great twist there....Wow! Mr WIlde is the Wolf!
yay (again)
*settles down to her chair again waiting patiently for Spriggan to add to it*

Cool, just saw the new installment up there this morning.

Will have something up in the next couple of days :)

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

Laiste,

Thanks! I've been mulling the twist over for some time now and I finally decided to add it today. Well, I figured out how to add it today, which is always the hardest part, but to my surprise it just flowed. Maybe I'd been trying too hard? Or maybe it was the timing. :0) Anyway, I'm glad you liked it.

Spriggan,

I'm looking forward to your part! Enjoy the process - it is great fun!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Love, love, LOVE the twist! Well done, Dragonfly!

XOXO
Cori

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the twist! Woohoo!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Bright Blessings!
Dragonfly

"C'mon baby let's do the twist..."

LOL sorry I couldn't resist!

LOL Laiste!

Hi all,

Just an update... I have a bunch of ideas of where to go from here just structuring them and working out how to get them all down.

Next installment coming soon...

Best wishes

Spriggan

Go Spriggan!
Have fun with it...I'm sure no matter what you do will be great!

Hi all,

I have posted the next bit. Sorry it is a bit short... Hope it is okay :)

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Fantastiv, Spriggan! I love the folklore you've added! Let's wait a few days in case someone who hasn't participated yet wants to do the next section. If nobody else volunteers by Friday, I'll do it.

XOXO
Cori

It's awesome, Spriggan! I got goosebumps!

That is fantastic Spriggan...I think I like the direction this is going!

Hi there everyone,

Yay! Glad you all liked it. It is very exciting, can't wait for the next part.

I have recently been reading the Twilight series and one thing the bothered me a little was that there was no explanation about why the vampire (apart from her scent) and werewolf seemed drawn to this particular girl. If I was her I would be trying to find out. So I thought that we could give the quest of finding out who she is to Ivy. What do you guys think?

Also what do you guys think about making all the members of the Wilde family shape shifters? I was thinking the daughter could be the horse that Ivy rides and the mother the eagle and the twins mountain lions??

These are just suggestions and it is way okay if any of you are not happy with the ideas. It is fun collaborating like this.

Hope you are all well and happy

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Fun ideas Spriggan...I'm inclined to agree with you but let's see what others think too...
I think the "finding out who she is" part is right on since Dragonfly orginally wanted this call "Rite of Passage" or something along those line...and to me that is what a rite of passage is, you grow and learn something new about yourself and your abilities.

Just my thoughts...

Spriggan, I was thinking about something similar to that after I read your installment.

Spriggan and all,

Sounds interesting. I'll go where ever the story goes. :0)

Dragonfly

Nobody has volunteered, so I'll write the next installment over the weekend.

I have so many ideas!

XOXO
Cori

Cori,

Have fun! Can't wait to read it!

Dragonfly

I'll have it up either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Cori

I would be very interested in writing this story with you, it sounds great

Favorite Froud Book? all froud s

I don't know about everyone else, but for me, the more the merrier!

Cori is currently working on the next section, but after she's posted it, if you feel like writing, just let us know and then go for it!

I agree!
whoever wants to join in please do!

Hi all,

Most definitely! The more the better :)

It would be great if more people joined in. You are more than welcome Whiteheart.

So who would like to go after Cori?

I hope all is well with everyone.

Very best wishes

Spriggan

It's up. Wow, I just wanted to keep writing! It took me a while because I researched a few things, and I kept going back and changing stuff. I assigned some ages. Adrian is 12, Dusty and Dakota are 18, Ivy is around 22 and Chip (a new character!) is around 23. I hope you guys like it!

XOXO
Cori

Hiya Cori,

Great addition to the story! Can't wait to see where it goes from here

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Cori! Great job!!! Woohoo! Loved the end and all the detail/research you included/did.

So, who's next?! I need more!!! :0)

Bright blessings of light!
Dragonfly

Wow Cori...that is epic! So much potential on where to take it from here...
Great work!

Thanks, guys!

Anybody who wants to go next, just let us know on this thread. Don't feel intimidated. You can write as much or as little as you want. I think one cool thing someone could do would be to switch perspectives and give more detail and backstory from another character's point of view. That's just an idea if you want to write, but are having a difficult time identifying with Ivy. Remember, this is just for fun. You can't "ruin" it. It's just the fun of the story and all the different twists brought on by so many different authors.

XOXO
Cori

Hmm
I've got some ideas tickling my brain...I'll give it a go next.
Probably have it up Tuesday or so....

Yay! Have fun

Hooray for Laiste! Good luck and have fun!

Cori

Hi everyone....I'm obviously going to be late...I'm having trouble teasing a story from the "tickles" and my job finally started so less free time to focus on it.
I'll post it as soon as I can (it won't be too long, I promise)

It's okay. I posted mine last part later than I expected too. You can't force your muse.

Love and Blessings,
Cori

Laiste,

Congrats on starting your new job!!! *does happy dance for Laist*

As far as the story goes, I think we've all tended to get swept up in it at some point and finished later than we thought we would. Take your time and enjoy the process. I'm sure we all understand and will patiently wait our turn(s).

Bright Blessings!
Dragonfly

Hiya Laiste

Ditto (to what Cori and Dragonfly said) from me

I hope the new job goes well.

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Alrighty...there it is...sorry it's kind of short
I hope it makes sense...I had a few different ideas and tried to weave them all together coherently

Woohoo! Awesome! Well done, Laiste! I loved having Migina's take on it all, her dastardly plans and giving us a little background too!!! :0)

*rubs hands together* So, who's next?! I would offer but I'm in over my head in pain - kidney stones - so I don't think I'd be a good one to take it on at this point.

Dragonfly

It's so awesome, Laiste! I like seeing things from other characters' points-of-view!

Dragonfly, aw, I hope you start feeling better soon. *sends healing vibes*

Yeah, who's next? I'm not going to go again until at least 2 more people go.

Ouch Dragonfly I hope you feel better soon! I'm sending you healing vibes too...get those things out of your system!

I'm glad both you and Cori enjoyed it!

Cori- I was already thinking we needed something to give the other point of view and then I read your post suggesting it (great minds think alike....) so I grabbed the idea.
Poor Chip...I'm kinda worried about Ivy now that I know what she's really up against...

I'm liking Chip's character. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to introduce him, but he was just stuck in my head. A hunky Native American guy in tune with nature and loving enough to sacrifice himself for the greater good - Oh yeah, baby. I hope that if the owl turns out to be Ivy, she gets the heck out of there before Migina's minions show up! She'll need more magic and backup to beat them!

I like how you gave some personality to some of the Unseelie. Like the one who was really impatient and going by "smell." Awesome touch!

Thanks Cori

When I'm writing something like that I often have a very vivid picture of what it IS and I have a lot of trouble getting it down on paper in a coherent way...I either get lost in the little details or I brush over everything.
LOL
Sometimes I really wish I could paint!

Ah, my painting and drawing suck. Writing is all I have. It sometimes seems more diffcult to paint with words and show your reader your vision. At least with art, they see the exact image you want them to see. I wish I had that Froud talent! But I don't so I have to settle with my word-struggle.

HI all,

Way cool Laiste! I was sitting on the edge of my seat by the time I had finished your section.

I will give it another go if no one new/else wants to give it a try in the next couple of days.

So if no one has volunteered by Tuesday I will start writing.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Best wishes

Spriggan

Awesome, Spriggan! So far, it's just been the 4 of us writing. (Dragonfly, Cori, Laiste, and Spriggan) Maybe we 4 should just take turns and then if anyone else really wants to add to it, they just let us know on this board. Then the person whose turn it is will just go after the volunteer. That way, it keeps going.

See, I love writing, and I love to be challenged, but not everybody does. I can pretty much grab my muse by the hair, put a switchblade to her throat, and be like, "Okay *****, we're gonna write this!" Lol I think it comes from all those papers I had to write in college. So let me know what you all think. If you don't feel comfortable with that, we don't have to do it.

I think that sounds great Spriggan - go for it!

BTW, thanks to you all for your "good vibes." I really think they've helped get me through the last few days.

For me, I kinda like the way we're doing it right now. I like that if I have an idea or if I am inspired I can just jump in. :0) Also, it would be kinda hard for me to say, next time it's my turn, because of my health and never knowing how I'm going to feel from minute to minute, day to day. However, if this is what you all want, I will consider majority rules and go with the group. I will warn you though, right now, I'm really dopey on Pain Meds, so I may not make any sense if it becomes my turn soon. LOL!

Much love!
Dragonfly

I like how we're doing it now too, but I just worry it'll get left by the wayside like ERHiT did. That would make me sad. So we can keep doing it like this, and I'll just vow to pick it up if we ever get to a point where nobody else is feeling it, because like I said, I like a challenge.

Hey Dragonfly, you could write some trippy poetry. Samuel Taylor Coleridge wrote "Kubla Khan" after an opium trip. Lol

But seriously, I hope you start feeling better.

I much prefer to keep it open and free flowing as well...
I will commit to seeing this to the end. I'm not the sort of person to start something I can't finish.

Here's an idea--let's give it a (tentative) deadline.

Like say by Beltaine (or whenever) the story will be finished for good or bad...and we'll all go out for drinks/chocolate/chocolate drinks?

How does that sound to everyone?

Feel better Dragonfly! Drink lots of good water!

Hey, I just had an idea for when the story is finished. I'll have a surprise for those who participate in writing the story when it is finished. And it will be cool.

The deadline is a nice idea...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis