World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

Laiste, YAY! Great installment! Love the introduction to the Hobyahs - and the way you described them! woohoo!

Cori, you're so right! Sometimes I feel like it pulls me in and holds me here, suspended! I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Spriggan, I'm sorry it's so hot there. I wish I could send some of this cold your way and you could send some of that heat back to me. :) I just got back from east texas and it was frig'in cold there too! ARG! I SO didn't pack for that! lol! I totally thought it was going to be hot, hot, hot and of course, I took summer clothes - thank goodness my guy packed a flannel lined coat-like thing and found that I had shrunk it - accidentally of course. ;) So, I had that to wear. hehehe. Otherwise I would have come home sick - it was that windy and cold. There were a few days of sun, but that really didn't cut the chill. But hey, I'm not complaining... I understand Ohio got a little bit of snow on Thanksgiving. :)

With much love,
Dragonfly

I have posted an installment to the story. I hope y'all like it. I took a bit of a risk...

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well. I need to work on my novel right away. This short installment has really warmed me up, and I need to work on my novel while I'm still feeling it.

Love you all!

Cori

Hiya Cori,

Brilliant! Love it. It was great to get a glimpse of Ivy's younger life and some of the things that are behind her insecurities.

Very exciting and inspiring!

I will take the next go if that is okay with everyone. It could go in a few directions from here so I am going to think it over for a few days before starting to write. I also tend to go over the whole story again before writing to try to tie things together.

Lots of love to you all

Spriggan

Hi all,

It sounds like the weather is doing strange things everywhere. For our first day of summer it was actually like a cool spring day. The heat is back again, but mainly in the west.

I'm worried about my family in the Blue Mountains, there have already been a couple of fires up there and that was before the fire season started. I think the authorities learnt some very hard lessons from the fires in Victoria and they have changed the warning system, thankfully.

By the way the story is getting so exciting!

I hope you are all happy and well.

Lots of love

Spriggan

Hi all,

Me again...

Just had a look at the date of the first segment of the story. On 13th January 2010 we will have been writing for a year! Amazing how time can go so quickly.

Lots a love

Spriggan

ps. Do you think we should try to set some kind of deadline? I'm very happy not to, just an idea really.

Cori, well done! I love that you revealed some more of Ivy's deeper fears and insecurities. I think the continuing depth of a character is very important to any story and so YAY! :) And Magina's continued evil and constant suspicion is undermining her plans - after all, you can only be so mean to the fae before they start to rebel. lol! I'm so excited!!! This story is awesome!

Spriggan, go for it! And woohoo - a whole year! Well, that makes sense since we're up to 63 pages and well over 31 thousand words. *big grin* As this time of year progresses we usually have more time and inclination for writing so who knows, maybe we'll see the conclusion by spring? I'm open to whatever. But so far, when we tried to have a deadline it didn't work out so well. lol! Those darn Fairies won't be pinned down or rushed it seems. ;) I'm hoping I can take the next go after you, Spriggan - if it feels right of course. :)

I'm feeling much better physically and I got a diagnosis that finally makes sense regarding my many kidney stones and some other things I suffer with that I had no idea could be related. So YAY! Outside of that though, my life is speeding up some and so I'll have to see about timing. We're getting ready to make a major move and so it just all depends on... well, timing. :)

Much love to you all! And Cori, seriously, great work on this installment and good luck on your novel.

I look forward to your next part, Spriggan!

Much love,
Dragonfly

OMG Cori that was amazing!
Excellent. Perfect use of the Hobyahs. I can't wait to read the next installment.
I also can't believe we've been doing this for almost a year! that is truly amazing and we've created such a great world.
I really hope your novel is going well. :)

Hi all,

I'm so sorry, I got caught up with Christmas and family and haven't had time to write. I will get onto it. Also my computer has died. I'm at an internet cafe at the moment just wanted to give you guys an update.

Actually I just realised I can't access the story from home... would you all mind waiting until I have the internet up and running at home or would someone else like to take over for the time being?

I will check the forum in the next few days when I can get to another cafe.

Thanks for your understanding.

LOve and (((HUGS)))

Spriggan

Spriggan
No worries and no rush. If you want to do the next installment I'm willing to wait for it until you are able to do it.
I think we all got caught up in the holidays etc.
Can you believe we will have been working on this for a year on the 13th? I find that amazing!
Peace

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Hi Spriggan!

I hope that means you had a good holiday season! :) Other than your internet/computer woes... Sorry to hear about that. :( I am willing to wait too, so no rush.

A whole year! Wow! How amazing and wonderful. The 13th happens to be my bestfriends' daughter's 13th birthday - so a good day all around.

Much love to you all!
Dragonfly

Hi Spriggan!

I am also okay with waiting. I'm sorry about your computer.

It really doesn't seem like we've been at this for a whole year!

I hope everyone had a great time during the holidays!

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for your understanding.

Christmas and New Year were great! Did you all have a good time over the Christmas period?

It is incredible it has been a year! Happy Story Anniversary everyone .

I still don't have a computer at home that can access the net... but I will continue on with the story as soon as I can.

I hope all is happy and well with everyone.

Lots of love

Spriggan

THings are going pretty well here, I dodged the 6.5 earthquake with only 3 items broken. I spent today helping a friend clean her place that wasn't so fortunate. She had sugar, and coffee making a sticky mess on her kitchen floor, and toppled over plants in her bedroom (soil all over the place!) her computer took a nose dive, and her bookcase spit up all it's contents all over the place! It was an impressive mess. And no hot water because of a leak (earthquake caused) in her hot water heater. We managed to get most of it cleaned up.

Hi all,

I'm back online. Yay! The computer is now functioning normally, phew!

Just giving you a story update. I have been working on the next segment and have been on a bit of a roll, so I hope to get something up by the middle of next week.

When I read through the story I found a couple of continuity problems, but it is not important at the moment, we can always edit the story as a whole when it is complete.

Sorry again about the long delay.

How are you all?

I hope all is happy and well with everyone.

Love and (hugs)

Spriggan

yay! I'm looking forward to reading it!
I'm glad you are back online too... Welcome back!
Things are going pretty well here,
I'm wanting to go outside and enjoy the sunshine but I told myself I had to finish measuring the warp for my current weaving project...now it looks like I'm going to be short on yarn so...back to the yarn store and then maybe I can finish and go enjoy the day!
(of course being online doesn't help much...but I'm eating lunch)
I hope all is well in everyone else's worlds

Spriggan,

YAY!!! I'm glad you got your computer/internet back! I look forward to reading what you've written. :)

So, I'm curious, what continuity problems did you find in the story when you reread it? That's why it's so nice to have so many eyes on a project like this... I've reread it every time I'm passed the torch and didn't catch them. Ooops! LOL!

Hope you're doing well!

Love,
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? The Oracle

Hi there Laiste and Dragonfly ,

It's great to be back, Yay!

On Monday I had a bit of an unusual accident. My dog accidently head butted me just above and partly on my left eye. It became bruised and swollen but I kind of felt something else was a bit wrong. Long story short, the Doctor said he thinks that I had suffered a concussion! It explained a lot about my behavior of the last week. There is a 1 in a 100 chance I may need surgery on my eye in the future. By the way my dog is a mini fox terrier, so she is very small, she just has an extremely hard head! I'm still working on the story though, it is good for me to have something to focus on and get my brain functioning.

It was funny, my Dad asked me if the doctor believed me when I told them what happened. They did and I guess it is so strange it is not something that someone would normally make up

For Laiste: I hope your weaving project goes well . What are you making? Everyday I eat my breakfast and lunch in front of the computer surfing the net. When the computer wasn't working I didn't know what to do with myself.

For Dragonfly: There were just a couple of little things that I came across, I had read the whole story a few times and hadn't noticed before:

In the first segment Miakoda is a he and in the next part Miakoda is a she.

The other thing is a slight possible problem with the continuity of time. At one point Ivy is told that the Wild Hunt will happen in two weeks during the full moon and then what seems like days later it is mentioned that it is a new moon. I could be wrong about the timing thing. I looked at my calendar and it looks like it is around two weeks between the new and the full moon, what do you think?

I hope you are both happy and well

Big ((((hugs)))) and love

Spriggan

I had noticed the time thing too...but time is an odd thing, especially when dealing with Faerie so...I decided it was acceptable.

Bummer about the concussion...your dog must have a very hard head! I remember once I was wrestling with a BF and his elbow got my eye. It turned black and blue and I had a hard time convincing friends that it was a friendly injury!
The strange things that happen sometimes...

Hi all,

The next segment has been posted, Yay! I'm so sorry it took so long. Also sorry it is kind of short and I'm not sure it is all that good. My brain is still not functioning as well as it could be due to the post concussion, but it was fun trying to write :).

I hope you all enjoy it.

Oh, and Laiste did you notice how people seem to look at you differently when you have a black eye? It seems to be the look of concern or like there is something else going on. As I walk with a walking stick I do get the occasional person that looks at me in sympathy and looks away but the black eye seems to bring out something a little different in people.

Anyways, I hope you are all happy and well.

Lots of love and a huge ((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

Spriggan

Hi all,

Has anyone read it yet? Is anyone going to take the reins?

I hope you are all well.

Love & (((HUGS)))

Spriggan

ps If I have totally stuffed up the story, I was thinking we could ask Fiona to delete that segment.

Hi Spriggan!
I haven't had a chance to read it...my life has been waaay hectic this week...but I've got insomnia right now so I'll read it after I post this and let you know!

Spriggan--that was great!
I like the way we are using the Oracle cards as part of the story and I like the direction things are going...

Now who's next? I think we are getting close to the climax meeting between Migina and Ivy....

Hi Laiste,

Thanks for reading it. I'm glad you liked it. :)

I agree I think the battle is near.

At one point when I was writing I was going to send Chip off to chase after the Hobyahs to prevent them from reporting back to Migina, but then for some reason decided not to.

I hope things settle down for you and that you are able to get some sleep

(((HUGS)))

Spriggan

Great installment Spriggan! I also love our use of the Oracle Cards in the story. I think the final confrontation between Migina and Ivy is very near -- maybe this next installment?

Love and Light,

Cori

Hi Cori,

Glad you liked it I hope all is happy and well with you.

(((HUGS)))

Spriggan

Hi all! sorry I'm late to the party!

I haven't read it yet, so I decided not to read the comments past your's, Spriggan. I'll read it tonight. :) I'm sorry about your eye and the concussion! I hope you feel better! I've had a couple of those (both of those - lol - all resulting from weird happenstance) and they're not any fun! I do however, enjoy the "looks" you mentioned.. sometimes its as if they think you've been in a brawl. LOL! Just say, "If it matters, I won" and they'll quickly turned away. LOL!

Ok, I can't wait to read the next segment - I'll post more when I do. :)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi again!

I LOVED IT!!! Awesome job, Spriggan! I loved the use of the cards in the story! Brilliant!

If no one else has the desire to go next, I'll take a shot at it. :) I would like to reread the whole story again and then proceed. Maybe even toss some ideas off you all before the final battle, but I have this vision (have had it for a while, actually) of the final throw-down and would like to try and write it ...if no one objects?

Heck, I had a crazy thought - maybe we should each write our own versions and then decide as a group which one we'd like to use - or use parts of each??? But that might be asking too much? LOL! It was just a passing fancy. :)

Ok, well, I'm off to bed now but let me know if I should proceed? Or if anyone else feels inspired to write the next part? I'll try and check back a lot over the next few days. :)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hiya Dragonfly,

Yay! I'm glad you like it How are you?

I'm happy for you to go ahead and start on the battle. I'm also happy to put in my thoughts if you would like to post some ideas on this thread. I was thinking along the same kind of line that maybe we could collaborate on this next bit, but saying that I also think that you would do a fantastic job no matter which way we decide to go.

LOL about the way people look at you when you have a black eye. It definitely gives a person a degree of mystery about them.

The bruising has completely gone now, Yay! Just a couple of little lumps left and my brain is feeling much clearer. Only occasionally getting words wrong when I'm talking to someone but it is no longer like trying to fish words out of mud to have a conversation, if that makes sense.

Have fun with the next bit

I hope all is happy and well with you,

(((HUGS)))

Spriggan

Dragonfly,

I say go for it! I think you'll do a fantastic job on the final battle scene.

:)

Cori

Go for it Dragonfly and have fun with it.

I had a moment of inspiration while reading Spriggan's part...I think that what Atol and his men were sent off to do was to remove all the light from the throne room...
it's just a thought, you can play with it if you want.

:)

THanks y'all, for the vote of confidence. :) I hope I can live up to your expectations. I'll keep you posted on my progress... but I'll probably start writing in a few weeks. Which will give me time to reread the entire story and make some notes. We're also getting ready to move some of our stuff to Texas in a couple of weeks... We leased a condo there. But after that, I'm going to have a lot of free time to write because I'm going to stay there for a few weeks by myself - a much needed writing retreat. At least, that's what I'm planning on doing with my time. :)

Spriggan, my health has really taken a hit this winter - my back issues are always worse in the winter but am hoping that the warmer/drier climate will help with that. :) My kidneys seem to be a constant issue as well, but I finally got a diagnosis which has relieved my mind but also given me a course of action. So, hopefully, I'll start seeing some improvement there. :)

Well, gotta get back to packing.

Much love,
Dragonfly

Laiste,

I've thought about your idea about Atol's assignment... my only concern with him taking the light, is that we've mentioned in the story that Migina is consumed and surrounded by darkness already and if he were to take the remainder of the light would that be feeding her negative energies and thus giving her more power?

Now, if we were to send him to Add light when Ivy and Chip get there, then it could lessen her power. What do you think?

Dragonfly

hmm my thought is that Migina is surrounding herself with light to ward off the negative things she's called up that are not "helping" her.
Atol taking the light away at a key moment will leave her open and vunerable to both the negative and positive sides....
but in all reality you can do whatever you want with the story....it was just a thought.
Enjoy!

Hiya Dragonfly,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having such a tough time with your health. I hope the warmer weather brings you some relief and that the new treatment for your kidneys works well and quickly .

There is a part of the story that I think it would be great to revisit and resolve. A while back there was mention of the Shadow and that the rest of the Wilde family was going to stay back at the ranch to capture it. Do you think this would happen at the same time as Ivy (and possibly Chip) are confronting Migina? Or should it be added earlier into the story? What do you think?

I hope your move goes well. I have a very dear friend who lives in Texas, she is living in San Antonio and is really happy there.

Sending you a big ((hug)) and healing vibes

Spriggan

Very interesting... I'll keep both of your ideas in mind as I read through the story again. There are a lot of unresolved topics that need to be addressed so that's why I'll be taking notes as I read. lol!

Laiste, that makes more sense. thanks for the clarification... it's definitely something I'll let bob around in my head as I read and then start writing. ;)

Spriggan, San Antonio is an awesome city! We stayed almost a week there our last visit - just exploring and such. The condo isn't going to be our permanent residence but a base from which we can explore our options several times a year without encroaching on family. Our goal is to buy land and build. But timing is everything and we're waiting for the prices on land to drop a bit more before we strike. :)Who knows where we'll end up?! We want to explore Hill Country (near San Antonio) as one option - we hear it's beautiful. :) I need to start trying to meet people down there; right now all I have is my honey's family. It would be nice to have some friends to hang out with every once in a while.

Ok, well, gotta start my day.

Much love and blessings!
Dragonfly

Update!

Hi All! I hope this finds you well!

I've been reading since last night. I'm about 20 pages in out of 65. lol! I've been taking notes and taking my time. :-) I tell you what ladies, we have an awesome story! I have laughed my butt off at times! We've done really well. I'm excited to get started writing, but I want to finish reading it and of course, taking notes so I can tie it all in. We laid some really good ground work right from the start! ...I'm very proud of us!

I have managed to work it out so that I can sit on my balcony, here in Texas, looking out over the canal and read, write and even stay in touch via the internet. I'm very happy here. It's an awesome setting and I have plenty of winged friends to delight in! Not to mention the palm trees and the flowers that are in full bloom! It seems I'm a world away. :)

Well, back to my reading! Love you all muchly!
Always,
Dragonfly

Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update.

Hiya Dargonfly,

Thanks for the update . I think it's good to take your time

It is a wonderful world that we have created! Have fun reading and writing

I'm so glad to hear that you are happy and settling into Texas, Yay! It sounds lovely there.

Lots of love and 's

Spriggan

Thanks, Spriggan! This part of Texas is beautiful! Not at all the way I used to picture Texas when someone would mention it. lol! Texas is so huge it has several different climates and regions. Up north in eastern Texas you can find giant evergreen forests and outside San Antonio (you have a friend who lives there right?) there is what they call Hill Country - gorgeous this time of year - or so I hear. I hope to see it for myself in a couple of weeks. Between here and San Antonio they've spread wild flower seeds in the medians and along the roadsides - absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! It's a blanket of flowers in all different colors and they smell heavenly. I drove with my window down just so I could enjoy the fragrance! :)

Ok, enough out me. I fear I may be repeating myself. LOL!

Lots of love,
Dragonfly

Hiya Dragonfly,

It sounds like a magical place, not really how I would have imagined Texas to be. Yup, I have a friend who lives in San Antonio, she has sent me a few photos of the nature reserve near her house and it looks beautiful. I will have to ask her if she has been up to the Hill Country. :)

Love and Hugs

Spriggan

Laiste
hmm my thought is that Migina is surrounding herself with light to ward off the negative things she's called up that are not "helping" her.
Atol taking the light away at a key moment will leave her open and vunerable to both the negative and positive sides....
but in all reality you can do whatever you want with the story....it was just a thought.
Enjoy!

Laiste, after reading the whole story again I decided to go with your thoughts on the light. I think it's going to be awesome! lol!

Dragonfly--do whatever fits and works best for you and have fun doing it!
I can't wait to read this segment...I'm sure it will be awesome!!

Laiste,

It's a good idea and I'm working it into the story. Chip and Ivy are having some issues getting to Queen Magina right now ;) but we just got reinforcements so things should start moving into her court soon! She is one agitated fairy let me tell ya, and in her agitation she's wreaking havoc on the land.

Ok, don't want to give too much away, so I'm going to sign off now. ;)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi there Dragonfly,

Wow! It sounds so exciting! I'm looking forward to reading it

I hope all is happy and well with you.

Luv and Hugs

Spriggan

Hi all,

Just wondering if Dragonfly is okay? Is anyone in contact with her via email?

If she has become ill and is not able to write the next section should one of us give it a go?

I hope she is okay.

Love and ((((HUGS))))

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan!

I hope this finds you doing well!

Dragonfly is OK (as far as I know). I actually met her IRL a few weeks ago! She said she's working on it still but it also seems that she's got a lot on her plate at the moment.
I'll poke her a bit on FB and see if we can't get her back over onto this forum

Hi there Laiste :)

Thanks. I just started to get a bit worried about Dragonfly as she hasn't been around for a while, it's good to hear she is okay

I hope all is happy and well with you.

Spriggan

OMGosh, I'm so sorry for worrying you all! I've just been busy - so busy! And I was a little out of sorts for a while, health-wise before leaving for Tx and then the trip and getting settled in down here and now we're planning to go back to Ohio again. EEEK!

But you'll all be glad to know that I haven't forgotten the story - I keep working on it - a little bit at a time... and I'm now afraid of how much I have written. lol!

Soon, I promise. I'll post it soon. :)

L&L
Dragonfly

Hi Dragonfly!

I'm really glad to hear that you are okay :)

Wow! It sounds like things have been very busy for you. That must be tough moving and then having to move again soon after. When are you heading back to Ohio?

I hope that your health is improving.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have written, but when you are ready for it to be posted of cause. I'm happy to wait, thank you for the update

Lotsa luv and (((((Hugs)))))

Spriggan

Hi All!

I just wanted to give you an update... sorry I've been hogging the story. lol! I just need to revise a couple of parts where I fell out of first person. I should have it up in less than a couple of weeks when I get back to a normal schedule. Right now I'm spending every free minute fixing up our house in order to get it on the market.

I hope this finds you all well.

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi there Dragonfly,

Thanks for the update. Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. Have been super busy, actually busy is an understatement...

I hope everything has started falling into place for you and starting to get back to normal and that all is happy and well with you.

Lots a luv

Spriggan

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis