World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

I just wanted to let you know that I'm working on it...I'm hoping to have it up early in this week!

Re: Re: Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

Hi there Laiste,

Cool! Am looking forward to reading it

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

OK there it is...I wanted to write more but it just wasn't coming...and I don't know when I'll be distraction free to focus on it again this week so I figured I'd get this up and see what happens!

Love it Laiste! Awesome! Seems like Migina is getting herself into major trouble. I like where this is heading. Seems like she may not just have the Wildes and the Seelie to fight after all.

Lots a love

Spriggan

Laiste,

Well done! I too like where this is going and I really like the idea that maybe Magina isn't who she says she is... Oh that glamor! Her fear of the Shadows is an interesting bit too. A lot, for whoever goes next, to work with.

So, speaking of that... who's next?! I wish I could, but I'm over-committed right now on another project and losing my head at the same time. lol! Literally, I'm losing my head - I have a migraine - tis the season I guess, for my allergies start. NO... lol!

Much love!
Dragonfly

Hi all,

I will go next

I love it, Laiste!
Very creative and intriguing.
I don't want this story to end!

Thanks everyone...I only wish I was better at getting all that I see down in writing.
Oh well.

Spriggan go for it! I can't wait to see where it goes from here...

Spriggan,

Glad to hear that you are up for the challenge. :0) Can't wait to read the next edition in our continuing saga. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi all,

Just a quick update. Have been pondering on who's point of view to go by in this next part and have been thinking of all the characters and where they will go from here.... finally this morning I think I know what to do. Will keep you up to date on progress.

I hope you are all well.

Lots of love

Spriggan

Hi guys - loving the story as it unfolds - event he different writing styles worked well together - well done all

Spriggan,

I'm so confused by the new style here on the board, I'm having trouble knowing who's said what, when. lol! But I would love an update - you are the one working on the story right now, right?! :0)

Hope you are well!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Hey Orna!
Thanks for reading! If you'd like to try your hand at it, feel free to join in!

Hugs,
Cori

Hi Dragonfly,

It is a bit confusing (the new format).

I have been working more on the next bit today. I'm sorry everyone that I have been taking so long. I will post what I have tomorrow. I think I get too ambitious and then overwhelm myself.

Sorry again.

Lots a love

Spriggan

Spriggan,

No worries. I didn't mean to push you along, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. lol!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi all,

The next installment is up, eeek, I hope it is okay .

It is great fun being wrapped up in the world we have created .

Lots of love to you all,

Spriggan [

Hiya Dragonfly,

I totally understand :). The fact that I was taking so long was weighing on my mind... I think I lost confidence, I was feeling a lot like I could imagine our friend Ivy used to, that is of cause until she found her inner strength, Yay!

I'm a bit out of it today, I think it's time to have a lie down.

Lots of love and a big

Spriggan

Spriggan,

That was awesome! You did a great job tying all of our characters together and putting them all to work in our upcoming scenes. YAY!!!! You deserve that nap. ;0)

I'm really feeling this one... I feel the battle beginning; the rescue of Chip will be pivotal to the conclusion of our story. It's ramping up - if no one else "feels" like writing this next part, I'll be glad to give it a go. :0)

Sincerely,
Dragonfly

Ooh, Spriggan! Your latest addition gave me goosebumps! Dragonfly, go for it. I think you'll do really well at getting this battle started! So exciting!

Cori

yes Dragonfly!
go for it and have fun with it....
That was a GREAT addition Spriggan! Things are definitely climaxing.
I'm looking forward to the next part of it. (this is the part of the book where I can't put it down...I'll walk around the house reading it while I make dinner, take a bath, etc. just to make sure everyone makes it thru OK!) LOL

Laiste,

Your love of books (and possible addiction - lol) sounds an awful lot like my own! I've been known to read while cooking, bathing, walking (many a wall has found this out the hard way - lol), going to the bathroom, getting dressed, while stopped at red lights, and basically everywhere and during everything I do. LOL!!!!

Cori, Laiste, thanks, I'm looking forward to writing this next section. I've been letting it simmer over the last 24 hours, mulling it over, seeing what fits, what doesn't, where it should go. I'll probably start on it this weekend and see where it takes me.

Oh what great fun!!!! :0)

Much love to you all!!!!
Dragonfly

Hi all,

I'm glad you guys liked the last bit that I submitted, yay! Have fun Dragonfly, to battle we go!

I know what you mean Laiste and Dragonfly. I used to read a lot and sometimes in some unusual places. One of the books that I could not put down was The Mists of Avalon. I read it when I was a teenager and I even took it to the pub with me when I went to meet friends so that I could continue reading it!

Lots a love and wishes of the best kind

Spriggan

I am super-uber excited... I will be writing the next part of our story on our new little (tiny) laptop! My father-in-law bought if for us yesterday as a thank you for some work we did for him and my man is setting it up today! I'm so excited!!! I'm bouncing off walls! lol! ouch! lol! Anyway, I'm hoping to write some of our story outside in my backyard paradise - it reminds me of "the secret garden" - and will be really conducive to writing our story! It sparks the imagination - Yippee!!!

Just had to share!
Dragonfly

I wish I could write in Dragonfly's backyard paradise! I've seen pics and it's gorgeous! I does look like a secret garden. I'm so jealous.

Good luck with the writing, Dragonfly!

This brought back memories of when I was in college and had a wifi connection so I could hang out on my sunny front porch (or in the garden) and surf the web/write papers. I loved it!
I'm slightly envious Dragonfly....
Enjoy your writing!

Spriggan!
Ooh I love Mists of Avalon...but I gave my copy of it to a friend..I should go find another copy.
I have a confession to make about that book tho. I haven't read the Gwenyfar (?) part since the first time I read it thru. That part just irritated me to no end! I don't even remember why....

Hiya Laiste,

I know what mean about the Gwenyvere part. I can't remember it either but I know that when I read it as a teenager (I was a lot more fiery then) at one point she irritated me so much I actually threw the book across the room, then of cause I quickly went to pick it up to find out what happened next.

I hope all is well with you :)

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Hey guys, I have a confession...

I am totally into this story. I can't help it, I've already written far more than I thought I would. In fact, I've written 3 and a half pages and I can't seem to stop! lol! I'm not feeling the need to stop yet - you know that feeling, the feeling that comes when your part of the story is done and you feel the need to pass it on for someone else to have a go at. Yeah, I'm not there yet.

Frankly, I can't believe I've written so much already. It just seems to be flowing out of me with a speed I can't quantify.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update. We're finally on our way to save Chip and things are looking up. Pun intended... LOLOLOLOL!

Oh and I realized late last night that we're going to need something from Magina's POV soon-after this part. We're definitely going to need her reaction. hehehe. But I'll leave that to one of you - you are so much better at that than I am... besides, I don't want to hog the whole thing. :0)

----Having the time of my life...
Much Love,
Dragonfly

yay Dragonfly! I'm glad you are having so much fun!

I can't wait to read what you've come up with...but don't worry about taking too much of it up when your muse talks listen to it!

Enjoy!

Awesome! I'm so excited!

Hiya Dragonfly,

Yay!! Sounds very exciting! I too am glad you are having fun :) I'm looking forward to reading it. That's great to hear that you are on a roll, I say write to your hearts content.

Lots a luv

Spriggan

*blushes* thank you guys for understanding... last night, I reworked some of what I've written and wrote some more... I'm going to set out to reread it again now and then probably write some more. :0) It's so addictive.

I think too, having this laptop is making it more accessible for me to write whenever I want. It's better than being locked away in my office, where I feel I'm neglecting my family. At least this way, I'm in the middle of all the action - both in my head and in my family life. :)

Oh well, off to write more.

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hey all! OMG - so I wrote more today, after taking a few days off to let it simmer - and I am SO psyched! :) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I should be able to post what I've got this weekend, if not sooner.

Oh, I'm so excited to share this part!!! I do hope you like it.

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hooray! I'm so excited!

Hiya Dragonfly,

Yay! Can't wait to read it. I'm sure we will all love it.

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Dragonfly
I'm excited to see it!

and I can't imagine any of us not liking what you've written!

Well, it's up! I had to post it in two parts, but it's all there. LOL

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did writing it!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Woohoo!
I'll have to read it the next time I have a good chunk of alone time! (my BF seems to think that he has to talk to me while I'm reading stuff online...then he accuses me of ignoring him )

I can't wait to read it tho!

Hiya Dragonfly,

I just finished reading your latest installment. It is Wonderful!! Absolutely loved it!

I really liked that you incorporated the Fae from The Oracle and that there is now someone working on the inside of the unseelie court who is on the side of the seelie. I have been wanting to introduce an insider for a while, Yay! It is all really fantastic.

Can't wait to see what happens next....

Lots of love

Spriggan

Eeek! Just realised that I accidently put some spoilers in my last post. Sorry about that for those that haven't finished reading it yet.

Spriggan, Glad you liked the addition to our side. :0)

Laiste, sorry it's so long that you have to wait to read it.

I swear, every time I went in to just edit it, I would start writing and poof, it would just flow... I finally had to cut myself off and just copy and paste, or it probably would have been even longer! LOL!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi Dragonfly!

I actually skimmed it today (or was that yesterday?)...I haven't had any time to just sit and enjoy surfing the web in a few days. I have job interviews tomorrow maybe between them I can take the time to actually read it and enjoy it!
Length really has little to do with it rather it's the pace of my life currently.

I'm thinking I can write a little from Migina's point of view...so I'll go next if that's OK with everyone?

OT but I know you are into astrology so maybe you can tell me what this means...
the retrograde mercury is opposite my part of fortune (which is in my 6th house) I think it might be a good thing...but I'm not sure! Keep in mind that this is for tomorrow (Job interview extravaganza day!)

This is the only thing I could find on Mercury Retro vrs the 6th house....

Mercury Stationary Retrograde in 6th House
The next three weeks could easily throw some kinks into your schedule and make your routine suddenly non-routine. You have the opportunity now to iron out the wrinkles that may have been bothering you but which were somehow still left unattended. You may be wise to put great leaps forward temporarily on the backburner until you are sure there is nothing to trip you up along your way when you make your moves. This may result in coming to some re-conclusions about how and with whom you deploy your creative juices. Listen to that inner voice to make sure you heard it right, then get back into gear.

So, anyway, I hope this helped - I'm just not sure - I've not had that one come up before. lol!

Also Laiste, I wish you good luck at your interview... we are going to be leaving Mercury Retro behind us next week(30th), so hopefully you'll hear something about the job then. I would just be careful not to stress out over it in the meantime. I know that can be hard to do when things are hanging in the balance, but just know that what's supposed to happen will.

Good luck - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Almost forgot...

Laiste, if you feel up to the next part, go for it! I hope you have as much fun as I did. "woohoo!" I can't wait to see what Meanie Queenie has to say about what's gone down. hehehe.

Much love,
Dragonfly

Thanks for everything Dragonfly!

Wow Dragonfly! I just finished reading the latest installment and that was amazing!
I can see where somethings are going so I'll take the next part and see what's goin' on with Migina and Atol et al.....
If that's OK with everyone?

(I think I did ok on the interview BTW but there are a lot of better qualified people that want it too...it all comes down to personality at this point...)

Hiya Laiste,

That is way okay with me. Go for it. Can't wait to see how Migina is going. Have fun

Good luck with the job, I hope you get it.

Lots a luv

Spriggan

Ah! I just noticed that you posted the new installment, Dragonfly! Haven't had time to read it yet. I have been so busy! I will let you know what I think as soon as I get a chance to read it. Laiste, good luck with the next installment. I know you'll do well. Good luck on the job too!

Hey everyone...its been crazy around here, I did not get the job but my partner decided to quit his, so now two unemployed people are sharing a studio apt...I think you can see that this is going to drive me crazy pretty quickly. I haven't had any time or space to work on the story, but I've got ideas, all I will need is a little time without distraction to get it down....
Hopefully that will happen soon!
I'll keep you posted on the progress!
Peace and Blessings

Laiste,

Sorry to hear that your partner quit his job. That's bound to drive anyone crazy. lol! I hope it all works out - and soon. Sorry to hear you didn't get the job! (((((BIG HUGS)))))

As far as the story goes, take your time. Whenever you get to it, I'm sure it will just flow.

Much love,
Dragonfly

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis