World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

I really love this story and I am excited to see it done, just as much as I love the process of writing and being a part of this awesome group. So, I'd be all for a deadline. Although, I do think that we'll keep up with it, no matter what. As I don't think that any one of us will just let it go to the way-side, we're too invested. But, then again, stranger things have happened. lol! And Cori, I love surprises and you've got me wondering.

Thanks for all your thoughts and support. The darn thing is stuck in my urethra right now and has been for the last 24 hours, despite drinking enough water to float it out. Unfortunately, I think I may have another one trying to move from my kidney to my bladder, so the story goes on. lol! No pun intended. :0)

And yes, poetry is the one thing that I can write right now and not worry about it making sense. lol! Again, thanks for your encouragement. It means a great deal!

Much love to you all!
Dragonfly

Hi all,

Just letting you know that it is taking me a little longer than I thought. I am working on it. I promise not to take too long :)

I hope you are feeling a bit better Dragonfly.

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

Hi Spriggan
No worries and no rush, enjoy the process! I'm looking forward to reading it though!

No rush at all, Spriggan. I was actually thinking you wouldn't have anything until next week. You're more on-the-ball than I was when I wrote my sections! Have fun!

Cori

Spriggan, as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters. Take your time, enjoy yourself, get lost in the story, we'll wait. ;0)

To all, Thank you so much for your encouragement and good wishes/vibes. I have officially passed two kidney stones (Yippee!) and am feeling much better. I am still having some kidney pain, so I'll have to wait and see if there are any more on the way down. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Dragonfly, I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope you're 100% soon!

Cori

Hi all,

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement :)

I will have some more of the story posted tonight (Well, my tonight, Australian Eastern Standard Time). I had loads of ideas and big plans of what was to happen next then I started writing and it all changed, then I hit a block. Just wanting to incorporate at least one more of the ideas into the next section and will do so today, Yay!

I hope you are all well.

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Spriggan,

I can totally relate. When I was writing my first book, Point of Focus, I had an outline and everything, then I started writing and the story just kind of took over and before I knew it, I had to redo my whole outline to match the story. lol! Personally, I think it turned out better because I just let it roll, though I did experience that same kind of writers block, but that was more because my mind couldn't get past the original idea. Once I let go of that, then inspiration started right back up again and before I knew it I was done! That's why I like the idea of an outline of a story, but I refuse to marry myself to it. If I let the story tell itself, then it flows much easier.

Bright Blessings!
Dragonfly

*waits patiently*

Hi all,

Yay! The next section has been posted. Hope it is okay and you all like it. Thank you Dragonfly for the tips:) It really helped. It was much easier once I let go of my plans.

Hope you all are having a great day

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

SPRIGGAN! Holy crap, you're amazing! I love it!

WOW! Spriggan, that is absolutely awesome!!!! I loved it!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

After everyone's read it, I may take a shot at it. I'll give it a few days to mull it over and see what I can come up with. :0)

Whoops, didn't finish that before I posted it. LOL!

But that allowed me time to start the next section. I think it's really going to flow for me, so I would definitely like a chance at it, if that's ok with everyone. :0) It's really speaking to me.

Much love to you all!
Dragonfly

Go for it, Dragonfly!

Hi gals,

Yay! Very happy you enjoyed it :)

It's a go for it from me too Dragonfly. Have fun :) I'm looking forward to seeing how the story develops.

A big thank you to Cori for suggesting we write this story. It has been great fun and an excellent way to stimulate my imagination which has, admittedly, been lying dormant for quit some time.

Lots of love and wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Spriggan! WOW! What a great addition to the story!
I saw that it was posted earlier but saved it for my reward tonight (after going to an interview and being a good job hunter)

Dragonfly..I say go for it too and have fun. I'm glad you are feeling well enough to write :)

and Cori a huge thank you from me for this too...it's the first fun thing I've written in...I don't know how long. I kind of got turned off from it in college, too many papers, but it IS so much fun to write and watch the characters evolve thru all the different writers.

Aw, you guys are welcome. To be honest, it was for selfish reasons. I needed something fun to focus on because of all the stress I've had lately. I'm just so happy with the response and enthusiasm! Everyone has really stepped up and done very well.

Love love love to all my writer buddies!

Cori

to Cori, for starting this and a great big...
to all my co-writers! This is great fun and I love you all!!!

Dragonfly

Update...

Well, I'm so into the story I'm having a hard time thinking about ANYTHING else - no doubt this is why my kitchen is a total disaster and there are more dust bunnies than my cats have hair. Oh well, just wanted to let you know that I'm still at it. OMG, this is fun!!!

Big hugs!!!!!!
Dragonfly

Awesome, Dragonfly! I'm glad you're getting into it. I know you'll do a phenomenal job--as usual!

Cori,

Awwwh, so sweet - Thank you!

Well, back to it!

Love,
Dragonlfy

Hiya Dragonfly,

I know what you mean... When it was my go the story was pretty much all I thought about. There were so many ideas floating around my head.It is all consuming, in a very good way, Yay! :) Happy writing.

Big howdy to Cori and Laiste too.

Hey Cori, it was great to see your youtube video. It is always good to put a face to a name.

I hope you are all well.

Lots a luv

Spriggan

Thanks for the update Dragonfly! I'm anxiously waiting the next installment.

and thanks for the hello Spriggan!
I hope all is well in everyone's creative worlds.

Update....

Hi all! Yes, I'm still working on it. Should have it up in the next couple of days. I have a bit more I want to add to it, then I'll be handing it off. It has been such great fun, even when I'm not writing, I've been thinking, creating, living and breathing it. :0)

Sorry it's taking so long, I know you are anxious for the next installment. You'll have it soon. I may not be able to work on it today, except mentally, but I'll try to get it out to you all in the next couple of days. Hope that's cool.

Much love to all!
Dragonfly

It's up! Hope you all enjoy it!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Dragonfly! I love the twists you bring to this story! I also love how we have tweaked traditional gender roles upside down in this story so that the female lead character isn't the "damosel in distress." Very well done. I love your mastery of action and description.

I'd like to write the next part, if everyone is okay with that.

Love you all.

Cori

Hiya Dragonfly,

That was totally awesome! I had tears and goose-bumps from reading it. It is great to see Ivy has found her strength, Yay! The story is getting more and more exciting.

It is way cool with me that you write the next bit Cori :)

I hope you are all well.

Lots of love

Spriggan

Thank you both for your kind words. I am glad you liked it. And wow, Spriggin, goosebumps and tears! What a high-compliment. *sigh* ...job done. *grin*

I kinda felt I should have expounded on what happened to Dusty, but I also wanted to leave you all something to work with. lol!

Cori, I think it's great that you're doing the next part! Good luck and of course, enjoy!

Much love to all!!!!
Dragonfly

Just an interesting note I'd thought I'd share with you all....

I've been keeping the story on a Word Document and according to my doc, we're up to 29 pages! woohoo! Cory, you'll be starting page 30!!!! WOW!!! are we good or what?! LOL! :0)

I'm so proud of all of us!!!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Yay! That was great Dragonfly! Very well done.
I can't believe this is 29 pages...that's amazing!

Cori go for it and have fun with the next section...

Hi all,

Wow! That is amazing. I didn't realise we had written that much, cool!

Lots of love and 's

Spriggan

I've been keeping it on a word document too! I can't believe we've written this much!

I'll have it up either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Cori

Cool! Yay! I'm looking forward to reading it (rubs hands together in glee :)

Lots of love

Spriggan

Cori,

Can't wait to read it... well, ok, I can wait, but it's going to be soooo hard to do!!! LOL!

*sits on hands to keep from chewing fingernails in anticipation*

Much love,
Hanna

Crap. I need another day. I'm a little stuck, and I'm in the middle of serious spring cleaning to boot. Sorry guys.

No worries Cori! Take your time! Oh and enjoy the spring cleaning!

Hi there Cori.

That's cool, hope you get through the block, I know how it feels. Hope you have fun with it too.

Big hello to Laiste and Dragonfly too . It was my birthday yesterday, I turned 35. Strange day, but a good one over all .

Lots of love

Spriggan

Happy Birthday week Spriggan! ( I always celebrate for at least the week that it is in!)
Have lots of fun! I hope it was spent surrounded by friends and family that love and celebrate the wonderfulness of you!

Blessings
Dorine

Okay, I've hit my stride. Shouldn't be much longer now. Sorry for the wait.

I am REALLY spring cleaning! I am getting rid of a lot of stuff to make it easier when I move in August. I'm getting rid of tons of books, but somehow my shelves are still very full. I am a serious book hoarder. I am emotionally attached to many of my college textbooks, and I just can't bear to part with them. Sad, sad, sad.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRIGGAN!

Cori...I know exactly what you mean about book hoarding...I had accumulated so many books that they took up a whole wall in my old bedroom (two deep some of them!) when I moved out I left them behind with my friend that still lives in that house and I go visit them...I just don't have room for them all here...but now I'm collecting more (and more and more)...and now I have three bookcases almost full of new ones!
Good thing I'm dreaming of opening a used bookstore.

Hi there Laiste and Cori,

Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

Lots of love

Spriggan

Happy Belated Birthday, Spriggan!!!! I hope you had a great one!!!

I'm just sorry I was late to the party! But better late than never! lol!

Cori, Laiste, I totally understand the book situation. We have a whole room devoted to bookshelves (all the way to the ceiling) crammed full of books and I still have overflow in my attic! lol! What can I say, I truly love books! lol! I couldn't imagine getting rid of a single one... you are both stronger than I. :0)

Well, better go. Lots of love!

Dragonfly

Hiya Dragonfly,

Thank you

Lots a luv

Spriggan

I'll have it posted sometime tonight.

Ooh goody!
I'll save it as my reward for making it through tomorrow!
Thanks Cori!

It's up. It's one very long scene. I am so sorry it took me as long as it did. I just barely finished my spring cleaning and then had to start full-time training for my new job today. I hope you all enjoy it!

Hugs,
Cori

Thanks Cori! That's awesome! Now we get insider info on Migina...hmm things aren't looking too good for her are they?
If no one else wants to take a turn I'll write the next installment.

Good luck with the job training! I'm still looking for work...I'm just about to start really thinking about bringing that dream bookstore into reality....

Cori, That was fantastic! I loved, loved, loved it!!! I laughed and got chills and it was just great!

Laiste, Please go on and write the next part. I too think it's time we get more from Magina's camp.

Woohoo! I love where this is going and I just love the characters and how they've developed and are growing. They are really alive. We should all be very proud.

Much love,
Dragonfly

PS. Laiste, where do you live again? HA! I've always wanted a bookstore of my very own too. lol! *wink*

PPS. Cori, good luck with the training, new job, etc.

Hi all,

Great job Cori :) I too had been thinking of introducing a goblin that could be on the side of the Wildes so it was cool to see one!

Go for it Laiste. Cant wait to see where it goes from here.

I agree with you Dragonfly...The characters do seem to be truly alive, Yay!

I hope you are all well.

Love

Spriggan

Thanks, all. I think I could have done better, but things happen.

Training for my new job is interesting. They treat us very well. Yesterday, we got free breakfast and free lunch from a very yummy restaurant. Their break rooms are amazing! They have big screen televisions with satellite TV and DVR. They also have ping pong tables and foosball tables. Everyone seems really nice and chill, but still professional. It's a huge step up from other jobs I've had.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis