World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

Hi all,

Just a quick update... I have had a nasty virus so was not up to writing, I think I've just started to improve this afternoon, fingers crossed. Needing some healing vibes to get the story rolling.

I hope you are all well.

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Oh No! Did you get the eclipse flu too? My business partner was just claiming that as to why she didn't get the business plan done!
I hope you are feeling better and I'm sending you healing thoughts.

No rush on the story...when it's rolling it's rolling! :)

Spriggan,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been under the weather! I hope you feel all better soon!!! Take it easy and get the rest you need. The story will be there when you're all better. There's no need to rush yourself.

Much love and healing vibes!
Dragonfly

Holy Cow! I am sick too! I am just glad I got sick now and not a couple of weeks from now. (Wedding)

I hope you get better soon, Spriggan! ((((HUGS))))

Cori, I loved your new post on the board about the story. Great idea!!!

Thanks all ((((hugs)))) am a little better tonight, have been having trouble breathing, can't wait until this virus goes...

Cori, I hope you get well quickly too. I agree with Dragonfly, great idea Cori asking how many people are reading and for their ideas, the more the merrier.

Have been working on the story in my head and am sure it will all flow when it is ready :).

Lots of love to you all

Spriggan

I think this is the longest thread EVER.

LOL I think you are correct on that Cori! I must say also that I agree with the others that the thread you started asking for comments on the story was spot on!
("spot on" ? where did that phrase come from..I've never used it before in my life!)

Anyways I hope everyone feels better and better! Take good care of yourselves.

Hi all ((hugs))

Just an update.... I will have the new section up by the end of the week.

Have still got the virus. It has lasted over 4 weeks and now have ulcers in my throat, ouchy!

I hope all is happy and well with all of you.

Lots of love

Spriggan

Spriggan, I'm so sorry to hear that you are so sick!!! (((((((((((((((((BIG SQUISHY HUGS))))))))))))))))))
Have you been to a doctor or something? Maybe it's not just a virus... I hope you get well soon!!!! You poor thing! 4 weeks is a long time to be sick!!!

I look forward to your segment, whenever you post it. :0)

Much love and healing thoughts,
Dragonfly

Oh No! Spriggan...I'm sad to hear that you are still sick! Ugh throat uclers don't sound like fun at all...
Take good care of yourself (only the best) and I'm sending you lots and lots of healing happy energy!
Take your time with the next segment. I will look forward to reading it whenever it gets posted!

Much love and blessings!

Thanks Dragonfly and Laiste big (((HUGS)))

This virus has lasted way too long... I went to see the doctor twice and they just said the same thing "it's a virus come back if it gets worse". I have had improvement in the last few days, Yay! Although the nasty ulcers are still hanging around.

I hope you are both well.

Lots a luv

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan
Just checking in...how are you feeling hon'? Have you improved at all? Ulcers still there?
I'm sending healing happy thoughts your direction!

Hey Spriggan,

Hope you're okay hon.

Sending love,

Cori

Hiya Laiste, Cori and Dragonfly,

I seem to improve then soon after I get sick again ... not much fun really. I have an appointment with my doctor but she is not available until 24th Sept. Hopefully I will just get better by then.

I have been working on the story was tempted to go in a certain direction but I wasn't sure if you guys would like it. I was thinking of posting to ask what you thought but then it would ruin the surprise of reading the next installment. If I get an idea that might be controversial can I post it here and see what you all think?

Also I'm not happy with the way I have written it so far. I've been telling rather than showing what is happening. I will continue trudging on. Sorry it is taking me so long. Maybe I over think it and should just write?

Lots of love and thank you for your thoughts and healing vibes

Spriggan

Spriggan-
this is suppose to be FUN! Don't turn it into work. I'm sure whatever you do/write will work just fine. But I also think that if you want to share your ideas and let us kick them around this would be the thread for it!
I think I understand where the pressure/worry is coming from...things are climaxing in the story and I'm sure we all have ways we'd like to see it go...but I know that I am totally unattached to it and whatever happens will be what happens (like life right?).
But that is just me.
I hope you feel better very very soon! Drink lots of tea and honey and ingest tons of garlic and pepper!

Hiya Lasite,

You are so right. I have a habit of taking things too seriously even when they are fun. Thank you for the reminder . It will help me to look at it with fresh eyes so to speak, and with a lighter heart, in the true spirit of the story

The twist I was thinking of was to have Chip as really being in love with Meany Queenie and his wooing of Ivy was all a part of her plan. By breaking Ivy's heart she would have her victory... In the end I thought that the blossoming love story was too sweet to ruin with heartache and betrayal. What do you guys think?

Thanks again Laiste.

Lots a love

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan!
Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well!

Your idea: I think that could work if it was a spell that the Meanie Queenie put on Chip while he was under her thumb... to do her bidding. :)

I do think that in the end he and Ivy should end up together; I think it's a higher calling type of thing... but I don't see why it couldn't have a twist or two before then. Besides, it would be nice to visit the ranch again in the future - a whole new generation of Wildes (by Ivy and Chip) to write about. :0)

Anyway, that's just a thought. I look forward to what everyone else has to say. Spriggan, I'm glad you shared the idea with us!!!

Much love,
Dragonfly

I second Dragonfly...
And I think it will be an excellent twist to the story...I was thinking it was all going too easily for Ivy...

Hi all,

It is up! Yay, finally! I have put in a twist involving Chip but it is a little different to how I thought it would be. It just hit me this morning of how I was going to write it and what was going to happen next. I've brought back one of Ivy's allies to help :)

Hope you all like it.

Lots a love

Spriggan

ps I'm feeling much better now, another Yay!

Like it? No, I LOVE IT!!! :)

Very well done, Spriggan! Very clever and truly inspired!

I'll take the next go, if everyone agrees. :)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi there Dragonfly,

Thanks . The suggestions from you and Laiste helped it all to fall into place.

Have fun with the next bit!

Lots a luv

Spriggan

Hey Spriggan!

Wow, my heart skipped a beat for a second when I read your installment! It was very exciting! I really like the Chip and Ivy love story, but I wouldn't have made a big stink if you'd decided it was meant to be. We've all made some pretty big creative decisions regarding the story, so it would have been okay. (But I'm still glad it was an illusion. )

Thanks so much for your dedication to the story. I hope you start having better luck and better health!

One thing I like about this story is that it is a way to escape the real world for a little while.

Hugs,

Cori

Dragonfly,

Go for it and have FUN!

Hiya Cori,

Thank you .

It is wonderful to have the story to immerse into. It is such a great world that has been created, there seems to be limitless ways in which the story could unfold and anything seems possible.

I hope all is happy and well with you and Dragonfly and Laiste.

ps This was me the other day , hehe

I just got back from being out of town and computerless...so I just saw this! I will read your installement this evening (Pacific time)
I'm looking forward to it!
yay!

That was GREAT Spriggan! Yay!
I hope you feel better soon.

and go for it Dragonfly, have fun with the next part!

Hi Laiste,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was only when you reminded me that it was not work and it was meant to be fun that I could break through my block and let the story flow. Thanks again . I had also been reading about how to write and became way too critical of myself.

Hope you are well.

to all.

Lots of love

Spriggan

Hey Everyone!

I hate to have to tell you all this but I've been unable to string two sentences together, let alone add anything to our story. I'm really not doing good at the moment - an unusually stubborn kidney stone is about doing me in. I would like to know if anyone else would like to take a stab at continuing the story?

I hope this finds you all well. Much love.

Sincerely and regretfully,
Dragonfly

Hiya Dragonfly

That is okay about the story of cause. I'm so sorry to hear that you are unwell. Sounds very painful.

Something that has really helped me in the past is remembering that pain doesn't stay the same for ever, even though it can feel like it isn't going to end I've noticed that it does change.

I have a spinal cord injury that has caused lots of pain, I really didn't think it would get better but over time there have been periods with lower pain levels and improved mobility.

I hope you get some time out to get better and I hope that you get better very soon. Sending lots of healing vibes your way.

Lots of love

Spriggan

Dragonfly-
I'm sorry to hear about your kidney stone! I really hope you feel better soon.
As for the story don't stress about it. If you really want it off your plate I'm sure someone will take it up, but otherwise, I'm OK with waiting until you feel better for the next installment.

Just let us know and take good care of yourself!
*hugs*

I am also okay with waiting, but if Laiste decides to write a short installment and you still don't feel up to it, I'll do a short one too.

Sending Love and Light,

Cori

I love you all so much!!! You are an awesome group of friends!!!

Spriggan, you are right, the pain isn't always the same. This stone just happens to be a pretty big one and has decided to set up camp in my ureter. *ugh* My motto (which I find really funny and ironic when it comes to kidney stones) is "this too shall pass" and I believe me, it's on tip of my tongue a lot as of late. :) I'm sorry to hear about your spinal cord injuries... that sounds Really painful. I have 5 herniated disks, so even though I don't know your specific kind of pain, I can relate. Spinal pain is never fun! *hugs*

Laiste, if you would please take over, I would be very grateful. We'll see how I feel after you're done.

Cori, thanks for the well wishes! .....In fact, thank you all for the well wishes - I could really use some of that healing energy (fairy magic) right about now. :)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Alrighty we will check in with Migina's world for awhile...
I hope you feel better soon Dragonfly!
I'm sending you lots of healing energy.
(do dragonflies have kidneys? Just curious)

Hiya Dragonfly,

Sorry to hear about your disc problems. Sounds very ouchy. I like your motto :) I hope the kidney stone does pass soon.

It can be tough having chronic pain or illness and then getting another illness on top of it. For me I find that I get by functioning in the world with the spinal injury as I'm now used to it (the accident happened 7 years ago) then when something else happens on top of that it really knocks me around.

Take care my friend. I hope that you recover quickly and well. Sending more healing vibes your way

Love and (((hugs)))

Spriggan

Hi there Laiste,

I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening in Migina's world, Yay!

Hope you have lots of fun writing it.

Love and ((hugs))

Spriggan

Here's hoping I will have time to work on the story this upcoming weekend!

Monday will be my goal...I'd like to have something to add by Monday evening Pacific time....

Hi there,

Cool, can't wait to see what our old friend Migina has been up to

Many Blessings

Spriggan

Sorry everyone, my internet was down and i had unexpected guests...so I only got a little written, I have tons of ideas, it's just finding time to get them down in a semi coherent fashion!

Soo...I have a LITTLE bit written...and I'd like to write more but it's just not coming...do you want me to post what I have (and possibly post some more later?) or do you want to wait until the rest of it settles down into a storyline in my head?

Hi there Laiste

I'm happy to wait until the story has settled. I can totally relate, when I'm writing I get lots of ideas and I start off in one direction then when I'm thinking about something completely different it seems to all fall into place and it is usually not where I thought it would end up.

I hope all is happy and well with you.

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan!
I'm going to see what the others say...
but I just wanted to say that my life has been a bit more stressful than usual lately. I just discovered/started seriously suspecting that my manager (at my new job) is embezzling money. I'm trying to get evidence together to take it to the owners... It sucks a lot and adds a lot of extra stress to my life. why can't people just be honest??

I'm okay either way (waiting for more or reading what you have). It's up to you and what you think you can handle right now. I'll be happy to pick it up for you if you need me to, but I'll also be fine with waiting.

I'm sorry your manager has put you in such a stressful situation. That's not only unfair to the owners, but to everyone who works at the company and to the customers onto whom the extra costs are usually passed.

Hi there,

Laiste, I'm sorry to hear about the added stress you've been under .

In a job that I worked in years ago I was basically being told to steal from another company that I used to work for and cared dearly about. In the end I quit because I refused do what they were telling me to do. It was a very stressful situation. So I can kind of relate. At the time I thought I should tell the company I used to work for what I was being told to do, in the end I thought that I'd just let it go and let karma do it's thing. The guy did end up losing two of his businesses, I felt sorry for him in the end, I think he did learn from it though.

I hope things settle down soon.

Big howdy to Cori as well , how are you?

Many blessings and wishes of the best kind

Spriggan

Laiste,

Well, that really stinks - what a terrible position to be put in! I hope you can sort it out and give the owners some solid proof. Once you've had a chance to hand it over and it's done I bet a lot of stress will be elevated from your whole work environment. Those kinds of things can really infect/effect the whole business.

Whatever you all want to do with the story is fine by me. I can't take the next part but Laiste, I totally understand if you don't feel inspired right now. Don't push yourself. You really do have enough stress to deal with, with this work thing. *hugs* I hope you find what you need.

With love,
Dragonfly

PS. Sorry I was late in seeing/responding to this.

Hi Everyone
I posted the little bit that I wrote since I could feel it weighing on me and nothing further was coming to me! I hope someone else can take it from here for a little bit more!
Thanks and enjoy!

Hiya Laiste,

Great! I like the way it is heading. excellent introduction of the Hobyahs. I think that Miginas over confidence in herself and her friends could be her undoing.

It is 106 degrees F (41 degrees C) here today. Very, very hot. Hopefully the cool change that was predicted will come soon.

It is funny in the news at the moment our government opposition is trying to block a carbon emissions scheme to cut emissions. They don't believe that global warming is occurring. The funny part is all they need to do to see it is happening (no matter how it is happening) is to go outside. This has been the hottest November in Australia since recording began. I think we are going to have a very tough summer.

I hope all is well and happy with you. How are things where you are?

Lots of love

Spriggan

Hi Laiste,

Love the latest! I had forgotten how engrossed I get in this story. I will do a short installment if no one minds. I have a 4-day weekend this week, plus I get off work 4 hours early on Wednesday... YAY!

Cori

Hi Spriggan,

It's getting colder and colder here on the other side of the world (I live in northern Utah). There hasn't been as much snow as there usually is at this time of the year, though. I think the snow faeries are waiting until Thanksgiving when I have to travel through the canyon to my Grandmother's house to dump the white stuff on us.

Be safe and wear LOTS of sunscreen!

Hugs,
Cori

Cori-Go for it and have fun! I'm glad it sounds like you will have some time to relax. :) I hope your life is settling down some.

Spriggan- the weather here has been odd too...very dry and warm. This is suppose to be our rainy season and we will have one day of downpour and then a week of sunshine. It feels unnatural! I hope it cools down where you are! I don't want to read about anymore fires down there!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis