World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Anyone interested in writing a chain story?

Hiya Laiste,

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. I hope another opportunity comes around quickly for you.

Sounds like things are kind of hectic at the moment. Hope you get some nice peaceful alone time.

I'm sure we are all happy to wait for as long as you need for the next section. Have fun with it when you can :)

Love

Spriggan

thanks everybody...it's been an interesting (read stressful) week, but I've got another interview this morning. I have a bottle of champagne waiting in the fridge for an employment celebration....
I'll write the story soon...I promise!

Laiste,

I'm excited to hear about your interview this morning! So... how'd it go?! Are we popping open the
?!

Much love and best wishes!
Dragonfly

Hey All,

I'm finally caught up with reading the story. Sorry I've been away so much! Dragonfly, you totally blew me out of the water with your latest installment! I love the Soul Shrinker and the wand reacting to Ivy and...just EVERYTHING! I can't wait to see what happens next!

I'm really feeling you with this job thing, Laiste. I may be leaving my current job next week. I haven't found a teaching job, but I think I'd rather do substitute teaching than my current job. Let us know how everything went with your interview!

Love You All!

Cori

Thanks, Cori for that rave review!

Now that everyone has read it (didn't want to add any spoilers) I want your honest opinion on something... When I was writing the last scenes with the crows, I thought about writing it with Eagles instead - seeing as how we had an opening about Eagles but I went with the scare factor of the crows. You see, I'm still debating this decision with myself. lol! On the other hand, Eagles are a natural enemy to Owls and well, that would have worked out well but the crows seemed scarier and I liked the visual it gave of the black cloud screaming after them. So, what do you all think?! Are you all satisfied with the crows?

Oh and I was wondering, maybe when it's done we should rename it?! Something like (I'm not tied to this and we should all discuss it further) "The Wildes" or "The Wildes - the story of Ivy". That would leave it open if we ever wanted to add other story off-shoots about the Wildes.

Ok, those are all just random thoughts I've been having. lol! let me know what you each think.

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hey Dragonfly,

Personally, I'm satisfied with the crows. A new title might suit the story, since it has evolved so much since we started it. Maybe something like:

Wilde Magic
The Owl and the Stag
Ivy and the Wildes
The Owl Princess
The Wilde Calling
The Wilde Hunt

I'll try to think of more.

Cory, those are all good. Of those the ones I like the most are:

Wilde Magic
The Wilde Calling
The Wilde Hunt

Sincerely,
Dragonfly

PS. Glad you're ok with crows.... I was just being obsessive.

The crows were perfect! IMO

I'm actually working on the next installment and I'm hoping to have it done by early next week! eeeee

I like Wilde Magic or Wilde Hunt....

Hi all,

I liked the crows too :)

About the title, if I was to choose between them I would go with Wilde Hunt.

Yay Laiste, can't wait to read it.

Lots a love

Spriggan

Glad everyone was happy with the crows. *whew*

Laiste, can hardly wait to read your installment but no rush from me. :) these things take time.

Wow, it sounds like we might have a consensus for a new name?! :0) However Spriggan, you don't sound so sure - do you have any other ideas? I think we'd all be happy to hear whatever suggestions everyone has. Besides, we don't have to make a decision just yet. I think we've still got some time and who knows what other ideas might pop up as the story moves forward. :0)

((((BIG HUGS))))) to my fellow writers!
and much love,
Dragonfly

Hiya Dragonfly,

You are right, I'm sure there is no rush to decide on a new title. I would be happy with Wilde Hunt if we don't think of something else.

I have been trying to think of another title for a while but I haven't come up with anything. I'm definitely open to more suggestions

I hope you are all happy and well.

Lots a luv

Spriggan (((((hugs)))))

OK I am sooo close to being done with the next installment, but I just hit a huge writers block.
I'm going to go for a walk and see if I can clear my head.
I'll hopefully have it posted tomorrow at the latest!
Migina is truly losing it and Atol is going off and doing his own thing with his own men, I have no idea what he's planning...hmm....

Hiya Laiste,

No worries. I know how it feels to get stuck on a bit. It's okay to take your time, when the story is ready to flow again I'm sure it will :).

Have fun.

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Laiste,

Spriggan is right, don't worry about being stuck, it happens to all of us. It will flow, when it flows. Until then a walk sounds like a wonderful idea. I hope you had a good one! Maybe inspiration will strike when you least expect it, when your mind is half on idle and half on something else. :0)

BTW, you're such a tease! That little blurb made me want it now! lol! But I'll wait. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

OK...I could not come up with anything more so I just posted what I had written....

Hey Laiste,

I really like Atol's character! You've done very well characterizing Migina too. She's wacking out big time. LOL! I am liking where it's going. I have a few ideas, so if everyone is okay with it, I'll write the next installment.

Love and Blessings,
Cori

Laiste,

I haven't read it yet due to a terrible migraine but I'll try to read it sometime over the weekend, but I'm sure it's great - it sounds like Queen Magina is really losing her marbles. HA! Ahh, how I wish I could read it right now!!! But just reading the comments here and typing this are pushing it.

Cori,

Go for it! Whenever inspiration strikes, you should heed the call. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

PS... funny, it took me several attempts just to post this and I couldn't figure out why (((frustrating))) then I realized that the "Name" field was lit up. HA HA! I forgot to put in my screen name! Stupid headache.

Dragonfly,

Sending healing vibes your way!

Cori

Hi all,

Loved the new bit Laiste! I too am becoming very fond of Atol.

Go for it Cori :) I hope you have fun with it.

Dragonfly I hope your migraine disapates quickly. They are nasty things, i get them regularly...

Lots a love

Spriggan

Cori, Spriggan, thanks for the well wishes and healing vibes - something must be working, the headache is finally dissipating some. At least I was able to read the story! Woohoo! Spriggan, I get these about once a month (if you catch my drift ;0) lol) and I really dislike them very much!

Laiste, Well done! Atol seems to have quite the conscience, he's definitely an interesting character! and Magina seems to be losing control of her little empire. I can't help but feel a little bit of satisfaction at that. LOL!

Anyway, Cori, have fun! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat for the next installment.

((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))) to all my wonderful writing buddies! This is so much fun!

With much love,
Dragonfly

PS. Happy Summer Solstice, Everyone!

Happy Summer Solstice to everyone too!!
Phew! I'm glad you all liked it...I was worried and felt like it wasn't quite up to snuff but didn't think I'd ever get time to write on it again for a long awhile (my BF is still hanging around jobless slowly driving me insane...) and anyways I just couldn't decide where to take it from the point that I left it...
So go for it Cori! Let's see where it goes from here!

Laiste,

((((((BIG HUGS))))) I hope your BF finds a job soon! And that you can retain your sanity! :0)

Dragonfly

thanks Dragonfly!
I'm thinking that I will find a job waaay before him...since he's not even looking yet saying that he's on "vacation"
Right now he's making Swedish Chef noises in the kitchen as he attempts to make chili...I'm kind of scared

Laiste,

If it turns out good, maybe he should try his hand at doing that for a living... if you all survive it, that is.

Dragonfly

I am working on the story. I was going to do a lot with it tomorrow morning, but I scheduled a meeting for tomorrow morning with a trainer at the gym without thinking. Oops. You guys'll get it next week. Oh, and I am no longer employed at the place I was working. I couldn't stand how shady they were and how horribly the company treated their customers. So...job hunting again. I have applied for a couple of exciting ones -- one of them full-time with benefits at the library at the university from which I graduated last winter. That one would make me so happy!

Wedding plans are going well.

XOXO
Cori

Dragonfly--he has worked in a kitchen before, which is what makes him think that he knows more than me about cooking (I showed him he was wrong there right away!). The chili did turn out quite well though.

Cori--Good for you on leaving a toxic work place! Now best of luck finding a good job! And have fun writing the story, there is no rush on it.

Tomorrow I have an interview that I'm really hoping will work out...I've known the owners for years, they want me to work for them, I just need to get on the good side of the hiring manager. I think I can do that.

Laiste,

Best of luck on your interview tomorrow. It sounds very positive already. :0)

Cori,

I too am glad you got out of that bad work environment; those kinds of jobs tend to eat at your soul if there too long. And good luck with the library position... it sounds like something you'd really enjoy! Glad to hear that you're wedding plans are going well too! Have you managed to find a dress yet?

Also, feel free to take as much time as needed for the story. We've all been there. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Dragonfly,

Yes! I found a dress! It is one size too small, so that's why I am at the gym a lot lately. It fits, but boy is it snug. I am picky and indecisive, so I thought it would take forever for me to find the right dress, but I fell in love with the first one I tried on! (I'll email you a link to pics on Myspace.)

Cori

Cori,

YAY!!! Congrats! I knew the dress would find you. and you look beautiful in it too! *claps hands* I'm so excited for you!!!

Much Love,
Dragonfly

Cori-I wouldn't worry about a wedding dress not fitting perfectly...after all you only wear it for one day, for a few hours and then it hangs in the closet forever. So don't spend too much time at the gym, instead get outside and enjoy the summertime!
(just my 2 cents!)
Much love

Hey all. Almost done. Thanks for your patience! Stupid gym! Trainer worked me so hard on Thursday that I could barely walk all weekend.

Hiya Cori,

No worries. I think the story flows in it's own time :) Can't wait to read it, I was just thinking about it today.

I Hope your body has recovered after what sounds to have been a grueling training session.

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Cori,

I agree with Spriggan, this story has a life of it's own and it seems to write itself when it darn well feels like it. LOL!

I too hope you've recovered from your gym ordeal! They always say, no pain no gain - but I never believed them. lol!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Ha ha, just as my legs and abs recovered, he had me do more abs, arms, and shoulders today. They're only stiff right now, but they will hurt like crazy tomorrow! I don't mind the pain so much as not being able to do what I want/need to do because my muscles are damaged and not cooperating.

Cori,

I take several vitamin supplements for muscle and back issues. This is one I started about a month ago, it's supposed to help lesson the pain in your muscles and also help them recover faster. I've already noticed a difference and that's saying a lot since I have a muscle disease that makes any exercise very painful. Anyway, this is a link to where I get it and also the product itself.

http://www.vitacost.com/Nutrex-Hawaii-BioAstin-Natural-Astaxanthin

I also take several others. If you're interested get a hold of me through one of my other sites and I'll give you a whole list of what I've found to work for me. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hi Cori-
Don't worry about the story at all...I'm with the others in that it'll come at it's own time.
Make sure to tell your trainer how much you hurt! Good communication is very important and there's no reason IMO to be in that much pain from a work out! (but then I avoid gyms like the plague (so I may not know what I'm talking about here...LOL my BF loves them and is a work out junky tho...)

Hey all,

So I wrote like 5 pages of crap that just didn't feel right or flow well, then scrapped it all and started over. Things are flowing nicely now. Again, thanks for your patience!

Cori

Oh and thanks for all your advice about my sore muscles! I've found that if I do about 40 min of cardio immediately after my weights and stuff, it eliminates most of the stiffness and soreness. I hate having to do my cardio right after I've worked so hard on my muscles, but it really helps. That, and bananas (potassium) and water.

Woohoo! I'm glad things are going well for you!
and I'm patiently looking forward to the next installment.
no rush tho...

Ditto what Laiste said. :0)

Glad you figured out a way to make those muscles hurt less too!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Alrighty! It's up! (FINALLY) Enjoy.

Cori

This reminds me of Migina: http://driany.deviantart.com/art/Finished-Green-Queen-Faery-78026312

OMG, Cori! That was freaking amazing! I shed a few tears, got chills, shook, and laughed out loud! WOW!!!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Cori that was perfect! Beautiful! I loved it.
yay!
Thank you!

Oh and that link you posted sure looks like Migina to me too! Small but huge in ego and pride!

Hiya Cori,

Great work! Loved the obsidian crows!

I will take a go at the next segment if everyone is happy with that. A bit nervous about it, not feeling all that confident, but will give it a good old try.

Lots a love

Spriggan

Spriggan, go for it! I'm sure you'll do great!

Cori, that image does remind me of Magina. Beautiful but dangerous. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

yay Spriggan! Go for it! and have fun with it!

Good luck, Spriggan! May your muse be kinder to you than mine was to me.

Hi All,

Thanks for the encouragement . I have a few ideas floating around. I will go back over the whole story before I start writing and will see how my ideas may fit.

Lots of love to you all

Spriggan

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis