Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
***70th Anniversary UPDATE and REMINDERS.***
***70th Anniversary UPDATE and REMINDERS.*** - Last day to purchase tickets Friday 13th September. No exceptions. - Current ticket count: - Friday Golf 25 - Friday Social 177 - Saturday Dinner 223 - Sunday TUSC 106 - Questions about the golf tourname...
Views: 63   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2024
by Jim Donovan
2024 Issue of the Cable
Hello friends, It's that time of year again and we need your inputs if we're going to publish a newsletter this year. Please consider submitting a short story without worrying about your literary prowess. Our editorial staff will work with you to produce a product...
Views: 551   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 02, 2024
by Nick McConnellS
Yvonne "Bonnie" Williams
Our dear friend Bonnie Williams passed away on 8-16-24 after a long battle with Alzheimers Disease. She was the wife of OTCM Dave Williams. Elaine and I have been close friends and neighbors with them for many years. She was born in St. Johns Newfoundland, and like m...
Views: 124   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 17, 2024
by Rick Greatting
Jerry Satterfield
Sue Kriebel has informed me that Jerry Satterfield passed away at the end of August. She will try to get more details.
Views: 113   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 17, 2024
by Rick Greatting
Recognizing Shipmates
Circa 1975 while stationed at COSP as a first class I met and became pretty good friends with another first class by the name of Rick Matthews. I was the MEC training PO and Rick was the system Training PO working for some old guy named George Widenor. While holding...
Views: 84   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 15, 2024
by Rick Matthews
Centerville Beach Erosion
For those interested, the attached video shows recent drone footage of the landslide that has taken the Fleener Creek trailhead parking lot. This is just south of the CVB T-Building site. Steve Miller and I were on the bluff overlooking the progressing slide in Septe...
Views: 100   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2024
by Wesley Johnson
navfac ramey
I was stationed at Ramey 1964-1966.as STG3. I am now a volunteer guide at the old Point Sur Navfac. If anybody is in California, come on by. Hope to attend the event in Sept. Sid
Views: 96   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 10, 2024
by Jim Donovan
THOR (ARC-4) article
This article was published last year by the Wall Street Journal........... ENJOY!!
Views: 70   Replies: 0
by Tom Boxler
Reunion
I paid for two tickets for the upcoming dinner but haven’t gotten an e-mail confirmation.
Views: 89   Replies: 4
by Jim Wheeler
2 Weeks from tonight!!! IUSS 70th.
Two weeks from tonight we kick off the IUSS 70th Anniversary/Reunion weekend in Norfolk Virginia. 🎉 Tickets sold to date: - 24 Friday Golf - 166 Friday Social - 200 Saturday dinner - 106 Sun Open House Thanks to our generous donors and our T-shirt fund...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 06, 2024
by Jim Donovan
Happy 10th Anniversary
John Walker died 1p years ago today. Hope he's getting his eternal reward.
Views: 87   Replies: 2
by Scott Clausen
Another Passing
My shipmates. I sadly must report the passing of my lovely wife Brenda. She finally lost her 7 year battle with cancer. First with lung cancer, then with mylodisplastic syndrome and finally with leukemia. She passed in her sleep Monday morning. I thank all of you who...
Views: 193   Replies: 13
by Jane Wright
70th Anniversary Update and request for assistance
**UPDATE: IUSS 70th Anniversary/Reunion (21-22 Sept 2024).** The reunion is 45 days away. To date we’ve sold: 157 - Dinner tickets 145 - Friday social tickets 14 - Golf tickets 81 - TUSC LANT tours We are short about 93 dinner tickets to cover the...
Views: 154   Replies: 6
by Jane Wright
Passing of OTCM Nick Vanherpen
I'm saddened to relay a report from OTCM Werner Miller that our long-time friend and shipmate, Nick Vanherpen passed away at his Florida home on 8 April.
Views: 190   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 05, 2024
by Werner Miller
A reminder on the rules of the board
https://www.iusscaa.org/conduct.htm Posting Guidelines The IUSS/CAESAR Alumni Association website is supported by and for the Members of the IUSSCAA. The Site provides our Members an electronic vehicle to communicate and/or exchange information of interest to t...
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2024
by webmaster
Passing of Ocean System Technician
I noticed that Anita Reinholt passed away in February 2023 in West Virginia. She and I attended “A” school in 1980. She was married and later divorced a fellow service member whose last name was Elam.
Views: 203   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 15, 2024
by webmaster
IUSS 70th Anniversary - “We can use your help.”
The IUSS 70th anniversary is now 3 months away. Thusfar about 75 have signed up online for tickets (list is available on the Website). We need to sell a lot more dinner tickets to cover the contract. Here’s how you can help: 1 - If you’re planning t...
Views: 168   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 07, 2024
by Frank White
OTCM Barry McKenna, USN, Ret
Just saw on Facebook that Larry Sutton posted a notice of the death of Barry on the 18th of March 2023.I was stationed with Barry for a short time on Bermuda during the 70s. Good guy, good OT. Sorry to hear of his death. RIP Shipmate. Our late but sincere condolen...
Views: 178   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 03, 2024
by Rick Greatting
We lost another.
Just saw where Greg Dyer passed away recently. Terrible news.
Views: 235   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 25, 2024
by Gail Smith
Another Current Ops Video
Some very interesting assessments and current ops comparisons for all us old warriors. See link
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2024
by Rick Matthews
U.S. revives Cold War submarine spy program to counter China
This makes for an interesting read. https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-china-tech-surveillance/ Rick
Views: 232   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jun 30, 2024
by Rick Matthews
Passing of OT1 Tom Prince
Yet another of our IUSS shipmates has departed this earthly realm. I also learned of Tom's passing on a recent Facebook post. Sadly, I do not have any pertinent information, nor an obituary. I did not serve with him but I believe I briefly met him while I worked at T...
Views: 137   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2024
by Rick Greatting
Memorial Services For "Van"
Memorial Event for OTCM Robert E. VanAlstine USN(RET) JUNE 15, 2024 Graveside service Full Military Honors 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Wildwood Cemetery River Road, Lyons Falls, NY 13368 I'd give anything to be there, but I can only be there in spirit....
Views: 143   Replies: 4
by Rick Greatting
Of Interest
A you tube you might enjoy.
Views: 158   Replies: 1
by Rick Greatting
Passing of another IUSS shipmate, Les Polk
I recently learned of the passing of Clarence Lester (Les) Polk on a Facebook post. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find his obituary, but believe he passed away May 5th at under hospice care at home in Florida. I briefly served with Les, but am uncertain as t...
Views: 142   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 20, 2024
by Janet Glover
Memorial Day Tribute
Memorial Day 2024 . . . Duty . . . Honor . . . Country . . . Sadly, I possess neither the eloquence of diction, the imagination, nor the brilliance of metaphor to convey all that these words mean. The unbelievers will say they are mere words . . . a slogan . . . a...
Views: 101   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 19, 2024
by Ed Dalrymple
VAN
BEEN TALKING TO "VANs' SON JAMES HE EVEN LOOKS LIKE VAN.THEY HAD A BOTTLE OF VANS"SCREECH"AT HIS BURIAL.
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2024
by WILLIAM ROGER CA...
Obituary for Les Polk
Obituary for Les Polk as posted on his Facebook page by his family: From the family of Clarence (Les) Polk: Clarence Lester Polk (August 3, 1939 – May 5, 2024) Clarence “Les” Polk, a courageous soul who battled prostate cancer for two decades,...
Views: 131   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2024
by Rick Greatting
D-Day, June 6, 1944
June 6, 1944, the D-Day operation of World War II brought together the land, air, and sea forces of the U.S. and allies in what became known as the largest amphibious invasion in military history. The operation, given the codename OVERLORD, delivered five naval assa...
Views: 53   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 06, 2024
by Ben Crawford
⚓️⚓️⚓️MAY UPDATE: IUSS/SOSUS 70th Anniversary/Reunion 20-22 September 2024
May 10, 2024 Fellow IUSSCAA Members, The IUSS 70th Anniversary Committee is pleased to invite you to the IUSS/SOSUS 70th Anniversary celebration weekend scheduled for 20 - 22 September 2024 with events taking place in the Norfolk and Virginia Beach areas. As a...
Views: 170   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 04, 2024
by Thomas J. Hayden...
Shipmate Death
Sadly we lost another icon of IUSS OTCM VanAlstine passed on May 11th
Views: 360   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 30, 2024
by Bill Turner
Passing of ex-OT1 George Pfeiffer
Those of us who were stationed at Argentia in the late 1969s - early 1970s rememberGeorge. He spent many years at Arg and was a good shipmate and OT. Fair Winds and Following Seas George.
Views: 155   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 23, 2024
by WILLIAM CASHMAN
Tom Uecker's "soft and fuzzy" leadership Style
I kept waiting for someone to take the lead on this but no one did so I'll go. I'm betting THAT Van crossed over laughing his butt off at Tom's claim of a "soft and Fuzzy " leadership style and the assertion that he got it from Van????? That was a nice touch T...
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2024
by John Ellis
MOST FAMOUS PERSON.
WHILE AT POINT SUR HELPED KIM NOVAK MONE FROM CARMEL TO A NEW HOUSE IN THE HILLS ABOVE HIWAY #1,
Views: 183   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 15, 2024
by Jim Wheeler
OTCM Ed Smock Internet at Arlington National Cemetery tomorrow
For those in the Greater Washington DC area, a reminder that Master Chief Ed “Smokie” Smock’s internment ceremony will be conducted tomorrow morning at 11 AM at Arlington National Cemetery. Hope to see you there.
Views: 179   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2024
by John (Jack) Spen...
VA expands care to vets exposed to toxins
Read an article in AARP today about this subject. Seems there was a new law passed in 2022 to deal with exposure to toxins. Anyone in our system tried to check this out with the carbon dust we had to breath for years?
Views: 124   Replies: 0
by John (Jack) Spen...
Mother's Day
An ode to the woman who first loved us and without whom we would be . . . well, we would not be!! ODE to MOM Oh, the joy, toil, and tribulations of Momdom, Will be heard till doth come the Kingdom. Band aids, blue jeans, doors ajar, toys astray, Loud noise...
Views: 72   Replies: 1
by Irv (Dee) DeMatt...
🌟🌟🌟 IUSS/SOSUS 70th Anniversary - Update and Request for assistance
🌟🌟🌟 I wanted to provide an update and ask for your help with our 20-22 September 2024 IUSS/SOSUS 70th Anniverssry celebration in Norfolk, VA. Website - @iuss70th.org Target number of attendees 150-200. Please visit our website to register and encourage...
Views: 162   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2024
by Jim Donovan
RIP John Heizer
John Heizer, CPO ret., Passed away on May 2nd. Godspeed, John.
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 04, 2024
by John Hollister
Wife back home
The power of prayer and good thoughts has Deb back home with us and presently doing very well. Thank you all very much.
Views: 123   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 04, 2024
by Irv (Dee) DeMatt...
PASSING OF OT FRIEND
CARY HESS A OT FRIEND OF MINE PASSED AWAY MAY FIRST.
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 03, 2024
by WILLIAM ROGER CA...
Hatteras is in the new
Hatteras news article. https://www.wavy.com/news/north-carolina/obx/obx-local-leaders-urge-government-to-remove-former-navy-base-leaving-behind-pollution/ Rick
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2024
by Rick Greatting
Seeking Prayers
Hello Shipmates, My lovely bride is currently in the ICU Battling severe kidney issues and is in need of your kind thoughts and prayers. Thank you all, John
Views: 194   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 11, 2024
by Rick Matthews
Back on Adak Dream
Last night I dreamed I was back in the Navy and on Adak. I reported to the terminal building and was in the display room. Someone offered to give me a tour to update me after 50 years. I followed him around the room but there wasn't really anything to show me, just s...
Views: 139   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 03, 2024
by Scott Clausen
Missing Aircraft (Bermuda Triangle?)
On 6/5/65 I was Communications Supervisor on San Salvador. A C-119 was reported missing while enroute to Grand Turk. I received a request via Order Wire to check our airstrip for the aircraft in question, and received a negative reply. On a clear, calm and pleasant a...
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 21, 2024
by Glenn Theron
🌟IUSS 70th Anniversary Website (ticket sales etc.) is Live! 🌟
The IUSS 70th Anniversary Committee is pleased to announce the launch of our Website for ticket sales and all things related to our 20-22 September 2024 70th Anniversary Celebration in Norfolk, VA. Please note a ticket price increase of $5 (to $65) from previously...
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2024
by Jim Donovan
FLASH! SOSUS RED.‼️☎️
Got your attention?😉 The IUSS 70th Anniversary Committee is making great progress on our September 20-22 Reunion in Norfolk, Virginia. Ticket prices are set at: $55 for the 20 September Golf Tournament. $70 for the 20 September Social and 21 September...
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2024
by Jane Wright
Jack Boxman
Does anyone know what the status of Jack Boxman is? Last I heard was that he might be living in Greensboro, NC. If you do, please email me privately at rickgreatting@gmail.com. Thanks, Rick
Views: 189   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 09, 2024
by Rick Greatting
Need Help Identifying Exposed Infrastructure at NAVFAC Cape Hatteras
Good morning! I think the entire message board may be interested in this topic, but also looking for input from NAVFAC Cape Hatteras alumni. The former site, located at America's first national seashore, has experienced significant erosion, leading to exposed infrast...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2024
by Mike Barber
IUSS 65th Anniversary Keynote Address – 21 September 2019 Vice Admiral Chas Richard, U.S. Navy
I thought you might like to see big Navy's current thoughts on the IUSS - our history and todays operations. - Jim IUSS 65th Anniversary Keynote Address – 21 September 2019 Vice Admiral Chas Richard, U.S. Navy Introduction and Special Recognition &...
Views: 662   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 07, 2019
by Jim Wheeler
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Visits: