The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
HAPPY 4th OF JULY
Before I forget,I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th Of July weekend! By the way, how much did you pay for that flag??!!
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2005 3:52pm
by cassavetes45
t
TFL
Hymie the Robot
I ran across some info on another website about Dick Gautier, the man who played Hymie the Robot on Get Smart. In a brief bio it mentioned that he made guest appearances on many TV shows, one of which was Columbo. I do not recall seeing him in any episodes. I tried...
Views: 413   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 2:59pm
by Ted
j
JLA
Columbo Book
I just got threw reading The Hoover Files a book I picked up at the library. I was exspecting a episode of Columbo in book form but it struck me more like Dragnet. I never saw Columbo on the phone or at his desk so much in all the TV shows as in this one book. I only...
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 3:29am
by cassavetes45
l
Leaper
While we wait for Headache... Famous Last Words 40.1
I just thought of a question I thought was interesting, so I figured I'd present it. I apologize profusely to Headache if I end up stepping on his toes! We all know by now, partially thanks to Headache, that Randy Matthews is the only Columbo victim to appear on...
Views: 331   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 3:27am
by cassavetes45
Columbo - Famous Last Words - #31 - 40
Here are the next batch of questions. Remember, we're dealing only with the original 45 episodes of "Columbo". ---------- #31: Which murder victim, with their final words on Earth, asked their murderer, "Finished already?" ---------- #32: Only one of t...
Views: 430   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 2:18am
by cassavetes45
Famous Last Words - #31-40 / ANSWERS
K, all you Columbo-scrumpcious friends O mine. Here are the answers to the Famous Last Words #31 - #40. You people are so Columbotelligent! ---------- #31: Which murder victim, with their final words on Earth, asked their murderer, "Finished already?" Lau...
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 2:16am
by wicked cassa
TOP 5 COP SHOWS
My Top 5 Cop Shows of All Time 1. COLUMBO 2. STARSKY AND HUTCH 3. THE PROFESSIONALS (Superb British show; Bodie and Doyle anyone?) 4. ROCKFORD FILES 5. MIAMI VICE No surprise at number 1.
Views: 530   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 29, 2005 3:23am
by ChickFuzz
Clouzot / Columbo?
Hi everybody, I've just heard about one film I've never seen, "Les diaboliques" (1955), by French director Henri-Georges Clouzot. It seems that in this film there is a private detective who is very much like Columbo, so much that it's been suggested that he must h...
Views: 363   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 28, 2005 10:18am
by Vergara
The Loves and Uses of Kay Freestone
They're talking about this subject elsewhere. I'm bringing it over here. Kay Freestone/"Make Me A Perfect Murder" - Nice girl, misunderstood - Or Vicious Lesbian out for Blood and Power? I've just started wondering about Miss Kay Freestone, from the episode, "...
Views: 3024   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 25, 2005 11:24pm
by cassavetes45
Murder Under Glass
Murder Under Glass was on in the UK on Monday. Watched it last night. I was rather underwhelmed by this episode. As Paul Gerard might have said, it was a well presented dish, but it lacked a certain bite. What's the considered verdict of my fellow forum fans....
Views: 465   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 24, 2005 2:31pm
by Michael Shinn
Famous Last Words #21-#30 / Answers
And I thought these were going to be more difficult for you all. HAH! Only one teeny tiny answer was not uncovered. ---------- #21: From the episode, "Playback," which of the following four choices were the last two sentences spoken by murder victim Margaret...
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2005 8:57am
by laura
Columbo-Famous Last Words - # 21 - 30
Here are the next 10 questions of "Columbo - Famous Last Words". Remember, these questions deal with only the first 45 Columbo episodes. ---------- #21: From the episode, "Playback," which of the following four choices were the last two sentences spoken by mu...
Views: 398   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 23, 2005 7:07pm
by cassavetes45
Columbo: Death Leands A Hand
Hello everybody, I have returned to the forum. I liked this "Columbo" a lot , as a matter of fact I thought this one was one of the best ever. Robert Culp is the killer in this one. He was great,he also did three other "Columbo" films as well. He was good in all of...
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 10:08pm
by Headache2112
Happy Father's Day
Happy Father's Day to all you guys!! Whether you are a Father, a Godfather, an Uncle or a Father-to-be.......have a wonderful day!!
Views: 389   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 5:06am
by cassavetes45
Famous Last Words #11-20 / ANSWERS
Lots of great guesses and again, lots of correct answers. Here are all the correct answers... ---------- #11. Only one of the following four choices was actually the final word spoken by a murder victim. Which word? Who spoke it and in which episode? A. Wi...
Views: 382   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 4:59am
by cassavetes45
Columbo - Famous Last Words - # 11 - 20
Here are the next ten "Columbo - Famous Last Words" questions from everybody's favorite pain, me, Headache2112. ---------- #11. Only one of the following four choices was actually the final word spoken by a murder victim. Which word? Who spoke it and in whic...
Views: 470   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 1:53am
by Headache2112
AJ Henderson's Identity Crisis....and I mean a REAL Identity Crisis!
Ok..this is weird. I was watching an episode of The Rockford Files...entitled Backlash of the Hunter which guest starred Lindsay (Bionic Woman) Wagner. She wanted Rockford to investigate the death of her father. Well there is one scene where Rockford asks to see a pi...
Views: 512   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 17, 2005 5:40pm
by Jilted Barfly
y
YM
More on "Murder Under Glass"
I agree with the others who say this episode leaves something to be desired. Also, Peter Falk's acting is not up to par. He is more arrogant and aggressive like "Last Salute to the Commodore" and "Make me a Perfect Murder".
Views: 679   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 17, 2005 3:12am
by cassavetes45
COLUMBO LOCATIONS HELP
I am compiling Columbo film locations for a proposed location tour in 2007 (if anyone's interested in joining me?). Call this is a mini-convention if you will. I know there are a few fans that reside in the LA area that are familiar with where certain scenes were s...
Views: 1223   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 16, 2005 11:04pm
by Ted
COLUMBO IS THE KING IN QUEENS
DEAR COLUMBO FANS: I WATCH THE KING OF QUEENS ON JUNE 15. IN THE EPISODE THERE IS A MAN WHO DOES IMPRESSIONS. KEVINJAMES CHARACTER GETS JEALOUSE SO HE TRIES TO WIN EVERYONES AFFECTION BUT BOMBS. HE DOES IT AGAIN BUT THIS TIME AT HOME WITH HIS WIFE. HE DOES A H...
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2005 8:06pm
by DAMIAN ENRIQUEZ
m
Moni
Peter Falk's email
I love you, Columbo, you are the BEST!!!!!!! Please, everybody, help! I would like to get a picture afrom Peter Falk. In email. Does everybody know Peter Falk's emailaddress? Thx
Views: 424   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2005 4:52pm
by Moni
a
AJ
Season 3 DVD Cover
I don't know if this has already been posted but the Columbo Season 3 DVD artwork is here. The DVD will feature a 'bonus' episode of the Mrs Columbo series.
Views: 459   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 15, 2005 1:10pm
by cassavetes45
Famous Last Words 1 - 10 / ANSWERS
Lots of great guesses and great answers to the first ten questions. Here are the answers... #1: In which episode was a murder victim dead when the story began and therefore, had no final words? As Laura knew, and most others as well I suspect (and as I've a...
Views: 410   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 15, 2005 1:38am
by cassavetes45
Actor Dana Elcar Dies at 77
'MacGyver' Actor Dana Elcar Dies at 77. He played Falcon in, "Any Port In A Storm".
Views: 482   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 9:07pm
by John Stell
Which Episode(s) would you have liked to sat in on while being filmed?
I think I would've liked sitting in on, "Swain Song", "Now You See Him", and "Dead weight", just to to see Johnny Cash, Jack Cassidy, and Eddie Albert would've had great memories for me in years to come, (I happen to be fans of them as well) and because it looked lik...
Views: 455   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 7:30am
by Headache2112
Alex Benedict's Backyard
I just finished watching an episode of McCloud on the Chicago Superstation WGN. It was entitled Sharks!. Well, I am watching right along and then there is a shot of a house....It was Alex Benedict's house from Etude! There were 2 exterior shots of the front of the ho...
Views: 607   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 12, 2005 4:24pm
by cassavetes45
Columbo Puzzlers - Famous Last Words # 1 - 10
Here are the new puzzlers. Instead of concentrating on the vicious killers of "Columbo", I've decided that it's time to give the victims some glory. So I've researched the original 45 Columbo episodes and have come up with every murder victims "Famous Last Words"....
Views: 559   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 11, 2005 6:37am
by Paul
Another site has your Columbo goofs
I have discovered another website with the columbo goofs taken from this site. For those interested, it is at http://thomaskrieger.gmxhome.de/nitpick.htm The text however is translated into German and changed around so it doesn't look like plagarism. Does this...
Views: 532   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jun 10, 2005 11:53pm
by cassavetes45
Wow! Death Valley!
Gee...things are a bit slow here....This is almost as bad as colsy's site..no offense colsy...we are only a small few on there....but a hardy group nonetheless. If you don't mind, let me take a quick moment to go off topic for a second...well....seeing how I sta...
Views: 475   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 10, 2005 6:08pm
by cassavetes45
y
Yoda
Another Columbo goof?
I've just been reading the Columbo goofs and realised that one I think I spotted isn't in there. It's in 'A Matter Of Honour' and is when Columbo goes to talk to the drunken worker quite early on in the episode. I haven't seen it for a while but am sure he asks som...
Views: 424   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 10, 2005 12:13pm
by cassavetes45
t
TFL
Columbus: Secrets From the Grave
How many of you clicked on this thread without noticing it said Columbus, not Columbo? Or did you think I just couldn't spell?! I was surfing through the TV listings before I went to work today. On the Discovery Times channel this evening there is a program with...
Views: 396   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 2:23am
by Joe Thomas
d
David
For The Love of Money?
The stereotype seems to be that Columbo's cases always have a significant amount of money involved. Perhaps for the majority, though certainly not all. Consider several within the years of the Original 45 which I suggest have nothing to do with money....... "D...
Views: 390   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 7:37pm
by cassavetes45
j
James
Columbo Cries Wolf
I just wondered how realistic the ending of this episode was. Wouldn't columbo have needed a warrant to rip down the wall panelling at the end? Which he couldn't have got because of having been through the whole process of unsucessfully digging up the grounds of the...
Views: 594   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 4, 2005 1:27am
by Ted
Columbo Quote Puzzlers #34, 35, 36, 37, 38 & 39
Lets get these suckers over with, eh? Here are the next six Columbo Quotes Puzzlers. Which are the true Columbo quotes and which murderer did he say it to? Which episode is it from? Which is the fake quote? ---------- #34: "I'm affraid I can't allow you...
Views: 362   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 3, 2005 12:19am
by cassavetes45
Script "Help yourself"
Hello, You can read integral script of "Help yourself" at : http://www.curiosis.com Bye
Views: 333   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 31, 2005 11:59pm
by Stan "The Man"
'GREEN ACRES' STAR EDDIE ALBERT DIES AT 99
A great murderer in, "Dead Weight" (One of my favorites)has just passed away. He will be missed very much.
Views: 564   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 31, 2005 11:54pm
by Mrs. Peck
Columbo Quotes Puzzlers #31, #32, #33
I'm back from the Columbo cave and I am all ready to post some more of these incredibly difficult Columbo Quote Puzzlers! Here are #'s 31, 32 and 33... Which of the two choices is the "True" Columbo quote and which episode is it from/which murderer did Columbo...
Views: 796   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 31, 2005 8:00pm
by Headache2112
coin puzzle
There was an episode in which there was a puzzle concerning finding which bag of coins was counterfeit. Does anyone here remember the exact wording of the puzzle?
Views: 574   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 31, 2005 3:20pm
by Paul
r
Rex
Free DVD Offer
Some of you may have missed this in the post below, so I thought I'd start a new message. Since we are all big fans of the show and waiting for the next or future DVD releases is longer than some of us would care to wait, I have complete and uncut prints of every...
Views: 750   Replies: 16
Last Post: May 31, 2005 1:10am
by Joe Thomas
d
Dave
Unidentified episode
i am racking my brains out for the name of the episode in which a man is leaving a ranch by car after he has commited a murder. On the way out he nearly runs over the only witness to him leaving, who happens to be blind. Can anyone help?
Views: 405   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 30, 2005 12:43pm
by Tom
Bernard Fox, from Troubled Waters and Dagger Of The Mind
No, don't worry, he's not dead! I was just wondering, does anyone know of a mailing address for him?
Views: 560   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2005 9:58pm
by cassavetes45
Rex's DVDS
As many of you know, Rex has from time to time mentioned that he has good quality dvds available for a low price. Well, I took him up on the offer and ordered How To Dial A Murder...and the Canadian 90minute version of Etude in Black. The quality of these dvds is rea...
Views: 631   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 26, 2005 4:44pm
by Stan "The Man"