Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
r
Ron
National's Win..
Congrats! to the Washington Nationals for an awesome WS victory.. Now on to the 2020 season for OGBL... Do we have a new season? I'm ready and excited for one.
Views: 77   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 10, 2019 5:29pm
by Jimi
r
Ron
Spring Training...
Today is for Pitchers and Catcher here in Florida and all it did was rain on them. Well maybe tomorrow will be a nicer day.. Wishing all my friends here an awesome baseball season. Ron
Views: 110   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2019 4:25pm
by Ron
r
Ron
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Gail and I wish everyone of our baseball friends and families a very special year ahead.
Views: 118   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2018 7:40am
by Jimi
b
Barry
Time to reconsider
I would like the league/commish to reconsider our value of strikeouts and saves. Starting with the issue of strikeouts: As of today (9/17) with the season still having 2 weeks or so left, 10 pitchers are over 200 Ks and another 6 more likely to go over and anoth...
Views: 162   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2018 6:52am
by Jimi
History question I don't know answer to
L. Gurriel and Y. Gurriel hit 2 hrs each today (9/21). I wonder if two brothers have ever done that before. I'm not even sure how to research that.
Views: 145   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2018 9:21pm
by Jose
j
Jose
"The spirit of the law"
I am writing this here because it will be too long to write in the chat room. I am also writing this opinion because my team, being where it is, is the one least affected by everything that has transpired in our league this week. The commissioner has acted, Mr.Sparks...
Views: 146   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 26, 2018 8:29am
by Jose
In-Season Trading Period
The OGBL In-Season Trading Period runs through week #6. It comes to an end Sunday night, May 13th.
Views: 177   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2018 8:57am
by Jimi
j
Jimi
11 Day Period
Being that the first period has 11 days it will have an effect in our league records. Looks like we'll be seeing some asterisks. Two players made it past 40 points today. Since it was done on the 7th day there will be no asterisk by P.Corbin-42.67 and F.Freeman-41....
Views: 174   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 5, 2018 5:15pm
by AROXX
Can't have it both ways.
Twins were upset that Cisco bunted against the shift in the 9th inning to break up 1 hitter? Why did they shift? You can shift imo and then say the batter must hit into it.
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2018 8:22am
by Barry aka MIA
j
Jimi
MLB Extra Innings
A reminder that the MLB Extra Innings is free this week! :+1:
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2018 12:22pm
by Jimi
b
Barry
Qualifying offer
A significant amount of folks that turned down a qualifying offer are signing for millions less. That will impact who turns one down next year as well as if clubs risk offering one.
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2018 9:46am
by Barry
j
Jimi
OD Rosters
If you want a copy of the evereyone's Opening Day roster today is the day to print it out. Go to the Roster Grid to do it. Today's roster along with our draft from the 17th will show who is eligible as a keeper for 2019.
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2018 11:33pm
by Jimi
Openning day
It is so nice to see a full slate of games opening day. The prior way really sucked imo.
Views: 129   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 28, 2018 12:22pm
by Heroes
j
Jimi
Bob Oberlin
I spoke with Bob on Sunday, he sounded very good. It had been months since we last conversed. We talked Baseball, we talked about all you guys in the OGBL. He was happy to hear that Walter has taken over his 20th Maine team. When I told him that Walter was in a divis...
Views: 128   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2018 6:47pm
by Jimi
b
Barry
West coast is dangerous
What is with the West Coast? First Turner goes down and now MadBum and Shark.
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2018 12:42pm
by Barry
e
Eagle
Batting orders
Was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to see projected batting orders? Thanks for any help.
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2018 9:13pm
by Jimi
Schedules
I just looked at the schedules and realized TB plays Bos 7 of first 9 games. To make their life easier, the other 2 games at against the NYY. Could be a very rough start.
Views: 159   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2018 1:05pm
by Barry aka MIA
GOP tax law and baseball
There is a good article on the impact of the new next law and baseball in CBSSports.com. It seems one thing the law does is remove the tax exemption for "like kind" exchanges for everything but real estate. That make trading player contracts potentially a taxable...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2018 12:34pm
by Barry aka MIA
Waiver Claims
There was a record 33 waiver claims on our first night with the WW turned on. Overall, 10 teams added players to their rosters. America Rocks and Yankee Doodles now share the individual team record with 7 apiece. We already added $16.50 to the Weekly Winner Fund!
Views: 192   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 21, 2018 12:29pm
by Barry aka MIA
r
Ron
Drafting for 9th and 10th rounds...
HI Managers, What are the thoughts on drafting the 9th and 10th round as a slow draft the 2 days before the main draft. Reason: This would allow for those keeping 9 and 10 and more level ground to start the main draft on. 2.) It would shorten our main draft ni...
Views: 193   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 9, 2018 8:06am
by Jimi
b
Barry
Moose
Ouch. He turned down a $17.4 M qualifying offer and resigns for $5.5M with another $2.4M in incentives plus a mutual option.
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2018 7:22pm
by Barry
Hamels & 6 man rotation
Hamels is whining about Rangers plan to use a 6 man rotation to ease workload on 2 SP converting from being RP. He says "it's not a part of baseball." Seems he is not much of a baseball historian because the current normal 5 man rotation wasn't part of baseball all...
Views: 137   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 7, 2018 6:17am
by Ron
Only ST but ,,,
It's looking like Machado might be ready for his walk year. He has an OPS of 1.99 after a week or so of games. Hope he doesn't leave all his hitting in Florida.
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2018 2:21pm
by Barry aka MIA
Finer art of projection
I saw a projection today for Rizzo that made me laugh. It could happen but ... it was for 28 HR. Now that is in the ballpark but Rizzo was hit 32 HR in 3 of last 4 years and the other year was 31. Why on earth would you project 28? It is "only" 4 less so the rando...
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 26, 2018 7:32pm
by Mark
Miggy
Sure wish I had an idea what to expect from Miggy this year. It was pretty clear no one wanted to trade for him, but the rankings show him with an ADP anywhere from only a round or 2 down to falling off the face of the earth. If he hits at least 90% of the old Migg...
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 26, 2018 2:49pm
by Jimi
JD's Contract
I wonder if JD's contract may be a sign of the future. It is 5 years but in reality it is almost year to year. Three opt outs for player and two player options that become mutual options if his foot issue from last year becomes chronic.
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2018 12:15pm
by Barry aka MIA
r
Ron
Quiet before the Storm
Hi Mates, Been real quiet here on the Forum the past few days. Guess everyone is working hard on their draft boards trying to guess each others strategy plan. So I've decided to be the first one to break that silence and wish each and everyone one of my base...
Views: 199   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 26, 2018 9:17am
by Barry aka MIA
b
Barry
MIA is MIA
For anyone looking for me I’m currently in Los Cabos Mexico and will be on a two week cruise in the Sea of Cortez. I’m not sure if I will have internet on boat so I may be MIA for awhile.
Views: 196   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 21, 2018 8:45am
by Fly Like an Eagl...
New Co-Owner
Ron's Air Force 1 has signed on a co-owner for the upcoming 2018 Baseball season. Meet John Lenhart, the newest member of the OGBL. :baseball:
Views: 191   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 14, 2018 2:22pm
by Walter
j
Jimi
New Feature At CBS
Well, at least I hadn't seen it before. You can check the all-time series records for every team and every matchup. On the CBS OGBL Homepage, the drop down under "League", click on "Records", change "League" to "Opponent". Click on any team to see head-to-head res...
Views: 207   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 14, 2018 11:11am
by Fly Like an Eagl...
w
Walter
Salary Cap Baseball?
Is anyone here playing Salary Cap baseball at CDM or Fantrax this year? Assuming Jose is, but anyone else?
Views: 195   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 13, 2018 11:21am
by Fly Like an Eagl...
Darvish is a Cub. Good or Bad?
I'm guessing his ERA will go up. Staying a Dodger would prob have been better, but pretty much he will be the same Darvish, IMO
Views: 152   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 11, 2018 11:02am
by Jose
A fool and their money
Rangers and Boras are renegotiating Andrus's 8 year contract for $120M or AAV of $15M after only 2 years because of an opt out clause. The guy improved from a 750ish OPS to an OPS under 810 during each of the 2 years of the contract during his 27 & 28 year old seaso...
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2018 3:16pm
by Barry aka MIA
Arb Cases: Betts v Springer
I see Betts and Springer may go to Arb Trials. Both are in 1st year of Arb. Betts asked $10.5M and was offered $7.5M Springer asked $10.5M and was offered 8.5M. IMO looking at age, career games played and results Betts seems to be the better player and altho...
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2018 11:23am
by Barry aka MIA
Move up to the plate ...
I was just looking at some stats form 2017. Nats got HBP 31 times. SF was only other team under 40 at 36. Eight teams were over 70 with a high of 88. Either Nats are very good duckers or they really need to stand closer to the plate. Hard to believe how ma...
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2018 5:47pm
by Barry aka MIA
FA unsignings
I frankly believe lack of movement is more due to FA believing they are worth way more than a sane team would pay, but as a fan I sure wish the market would clear up. It is one thing for a few guys to hold out until ST is underway but this year it seems like most of...
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2018 12:53pm
by Barry aka MIA
w
Walter
McCutchen article
What a great article! Andrew McCutchen says good-bye to Pittsburgh in his own words: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/andrew-mccutchen-thank-you-pittsburgh/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Views: 137   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2018 6:20am
by Walter
j
Jimi
New Look For Cruisers
Hey Mark, I like your new OGBL Logo. Very nice!
Views: 184   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2018 6:51pm
by Mark
b
Barry
Pitch clock yuck
IMO the last thing baseball needs is a pitch clock. About 250 pitches are made in an average game. If you cut a second per pitch that save a whole 4 minutes and one complaint would eat that savings. IMO it would be much better to limit number of RP switches....
Views: 142   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2018 9:37pm
by Walter
New OF in SF
Jimi/Brian: What's the feeling in SF over landing Cutch? Good idea or bad?
Views: 162   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 17, 2018 8:49pm
by Jimi
b
Barry
Extentions
Boy MLB Trade Rumors has an article on prior player extentions. It is a real warning not to do it. A lot of real disaster stories and very few good deals.
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2018 11:08am
by Barry
Bruce & SF
Just read SF offered Bruce a deal worth about $10M less than Mets. Really!!! Bruce earned $13M in 2017 according to Baseball-Reference. The Mets got him for 3 years at the same salary even though he had a good year for him. Why did SF think he would take about a...
Last Post: Jan 11, 2018 2:38pm
by Barry aka MIA
b
Barry
Bruce
Bruce only got $13M times 3. Seemed a little light for a 31 year old with reasonable numbers. After Mets tried to trade him all last winter I’m surprised he accepted only a 5 team no trade clause.
Views: 127   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2018 11:12am
by Barry aka MIA
Nats and the salary "cap"
It's my understanding the Nats were over the Luxury "cap" last year and are about $4M over still even after getting Werth off the books The only clear dead weigh is the $10M they are stuck paying Wieters. That contract was an all-time F-up to help Boras. Now, eve...
Views: 143   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2018 12:17pm
by Barry aka MIA
Poll
Would you pay Hosmer the reported $140M (SD) or $147M (KC)? My vote is even in this day and age that is an overpay. I have owned him a number of years and he was a borderline keeper/cut. He amazingly had his best year in his walk year. How many times have we seen...
Views: 169   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 7, 2018 11:58am
by Barry aka MIA
Babe Ruth's Ks
I was looking in Baseball- Reference and I happened to see Babe Ruth's file. In 22 years he lead the league in Ks only 5 times and his yearly high was 93. Most teams today have half their regulars with that many Ks. Usually league leaders hit their 93 K in July to...
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2018 6:50am
by Barry aka MIA
Patial slow draft?
Jimi: Any consideration of doing at least a few rounds of the draft as a slow draft starting mid-January? Everyone always says you should not put much faith into ST results so why have the draft one crazy day at end of ST rather than let it kill time between now an...
Views: 162   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 3, 2018 3:53pm
by Ron
2018 Schedule
The 2018 OGBL schedule has been completed. It's the same that we've used in the past, 84 games in 20 periods. An 11 day period #1, a 4 day period #16, Super Weeks are #6,#9,#13, and #18. You have 3 ways to view it, Team Schedule, Full Schedule, and Schedule Grid.
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 2, 2018 8:55am
by OGBL Commish
Interesting reading
STRANGE BUT TRUE 2017 EDITION! Jayson Stark·Thursday, December 28, 2017 MY FAVORITE STRANGE BUT TRUE FEATS OF 2017 10 STRANGE BUT TRUE CLASSICS 1) There are some numbers in baseball that would even make Albert Einstein say: This CAN’T be right. L...
Last Post: Dec 31, 2017 7:58pm
by Barry aka MIA
b
Barry
Maybe a few cuts possible
I just counted and there are 162 regular keepers still on the site. That is enough for 15 and a half rounds. Just maybe a few more can be eliminated without much risk.
Views: 167   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 31, 2017 7:55am
by Jose
Wade Davis
$17 per for 3 year plus a vesting option. Closer costs are getting out of hand.
Views: 137   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 29, 2017 10:46pm
by Heroes
Position ranking versus ADP
I find it odd CBS's position rankings versus their ADP. They don't say where the ADP comes from but on a lot of players the two seem way out of line. One player that jumped out at me was Jean Segura is listed as 10th ranked SS but with an ADP of 52. I know there a...
Views: 145   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 29, 2017 10:44pm
by Heroes
w
Walter
Trader Jack
Barry is clearly the "Trader Jack" of this league! Way to keep things interesting, my bruddah! Happy New Year, everyone.
Views: 145   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 29, 2017 10:39pm
by Heroes
Cot's Contracts
I was killing time this Xmas day and went to Cot's. I found a list of salaries from opening day 2017. There are some very interesting ones. Here are about 100 that are way over-paid or under-paid IMO. Number (highest is 1) Name Amount 1 Kershaw...
Views: 157   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2017 7:27am
by Barry aka MIA
Merry Christmas
Hope you all are having a Merry Christmas!
Views: 159   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 25, 2017 7:00am
by Jose
w
Walter
Santana to the Phillies
Nice article on Carlos Santana signing with the Phightin' Phils.................. http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/84872/carlos-santana-signing-a-significant-step-in-phillies-rebuild I totally agree with the author that I'd rather have Santana for 3...
Views: 176   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 21, 2017 10:52am
by Barry aka MIA
Dee Gordon to Seattle
I know this was mostly a salary dump for some international pool money, but it will be interesting to see if they move Cano or Gordon. Hard to believe they would plan to use him in CF if he has only a few winter league games many moons ago of experience. Can0...
Views: 151   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 20, 2017 6:10pm
by Heroes
Britten down ... Manny out?
It was looking like the O's were going to hold Manny because no one was insane enough to give up 2 good controllable SP for a 1 year rental. Now that Britten is down for 6 months, I wonder if that will change their plans.
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2017 12:11pm
by Barry aka MIA
Longoria to Giants
TB didn't get much of a return but Longoria is not what he once was either. Giants trying hard to get back into the competition but so far they don't seem to have improved much IMO other than hopefully having a healthy MadBum all season.
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2017 12:04pm
by Barry aka MIA
w
Walter
Projections?
When I go to Player>>>Stats they have changed the projections and it says that these are based on 3-year averages. But this cannot be given that there are stats for guys like Jesse Winker (Cincy potential rookie) who are projected for 437 points even though he's bar...
Views: 152   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 20, 2017 10:16am
by AROXX
j
Jimi
2018 Schedule
I've began working on the new OGBL schedule. We will be using the same schedule that was used in 2017. The OGBL season is 20 weeks long with teams playing in their own division 12 weeks of the season and two other divisions the other 8 weeks. When playing within your...
Views: 155   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 18, 2017 7:30pm
by Jose
Backward?
Why is it that when a player has a no trade clause the team spends time and energy negotiating with multiple teams only to find out the player will not go to any of them? That happened with both Stanton and Kinsler and I'm sure a lot of others.
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2017 1:37pm
by Barry aka MIA
PLEASE, Please, please ...
trade Manny to D-backs to play SS and bat between Goldy and Lamb.
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2017 1:28pm
by Barry aka MIA
w
Walter
Cozart to the Halos!
Cozart to the Angels! Fangraphs is impressed............... https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/the-angels-left-side-defense-is-going-to-be-insane/ Very impressive overall defense for the Halos...........now if they can get some health from their SPs.....
Views: 170   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 15, 2017 6:26pm
by Walter
Carlos Santana to Phillies
Well it seems the FA are beginning to fall now the Stanton is off the market.
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2017 12:46pm
by Barry aka MIA
Chase Headley to SD
Hum ... are NYY clearing way to trade for Manny Machado or is this a salary dump to continue to try to get under luxury tax? They have Torres to play one infield opening cheaply but who plays the other? Maybe they are planning to try a new 4 OF and 3 IF setup w...
Views: 159   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 15, 2017 10:27am
by Barry aka MIA
MLB investigation of leak
I'm not sure why there is a MLB investigation of the leak of the Ohtani minor arm problem. It is likely a legal issue with HIPAA but why does MLB care about that. Any team that was to trade for him would get access to his medical info so that is not an issue. Are...
Last Post: Dec 15, 2017 10:22am
by Barry aka MIA
The race is on ....
Add two more actual baseball players headed out of town today. Value of Yelich, and Realmuto falling and if Miggy actual builds any value up this year it will be down too. Sure seems like Detroit and Miami are in a race to the bottom. Is either team going to win...
Views: 143   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2017 7:30pm
by AROXX
Rules 5 draft
As much as NYY always seems to be looking for pitching, how is it that they had 3 pitchers good enough to selected in the rule 5 draft unprotected? Likewise as bad as the A's are, how come they lost a player but did not draft anyone?
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 14, 2017 6:45am
by Barry aka MIA
Boras and Nats
Seems whenever Boras has a client he can't sell (Weiters in 2016, Arrieta in 2017) he comes to Nats to help him save face. That may have helped Nats get Stasburg for a reasonable price. Now I hear there is some movement on Harper. It will not be a give away but he...
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2017 3:32pm
by Barry aka MIA
Hurts to watch ...
Sometimes a big contract just hurts to watch. Pujols was one of my favorite players and is a lock for HOF but he needs to negotiate an out for the rest of his contract for both his and the Angels benefit. He has 4 years and almost $120M left on his contract but las...
Views: 150   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2017 3:07pm
by Barry aka MIA
Which of these is not like the others ...
In 2012 Headley scored 95 runs, had 115 RBI, 31 HR and a slash line of 286/376/498 for 875 OPS. In his other 10 years the best were 77 runs (2010 & 2017), 64 RBI (2009), 14 HR (2016) and 773 OPS (2011). You think something was going on in 2012?
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2017 8:47am
by Barry aka MIA
CBS Projections
Arrieta last year earned 431 pts but CBS projects him at 531 in 2018. The guy has seen his ERA and WHIP go up 3 straight year and his number of starts (33/31/30), innings and Ks drop 3 straight years. In fact in 2017 he gave up the exact same number of hits and mor...
Views: 197   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 12, 2017 8:24am
by Jimi
r
Ron
Long over due into the Hall of Fame.
Jack Morris and Alan Trammell finally voted into Hall of Fame
Views: 180   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 11, 2017 3:53pm
by Walter
r
Ron
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY!!!
Let this be another great year for you Ray... Happy Birthday to a good friend!!!:baseball:
Views: 155   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 10, 2017 4:30pm
by AROXX
Castro
Read Mets are interested in Castro. Wonder if Miami will move him again before he even reports. They could chop a significant salary if they can trade him for some prospects. A trade of Castro would open up the possibility of the Colome trade to the Cubs maybe fo...
Views: 164   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2017 1:16pm
by Barry aka MIA
j
Jose
The Evil Empire Strikes Again
How about those Yankees ! It's going to be like having Maris and Mantle from '61 again. Back to the future !
Views: 156   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 9, 2017 11:38pm
by Walter
w
Walter
League Renewal
Not familiar with the user interface for the league, but I'm guessing that CBS renewed the league for 2018 (or Jimi did?). Will we be paying the league fees up front and save the $30 as advertised on the league homepage?
Views: 156   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 9, 2017 4:23pm
by Jimi
Domingo Santiago
I read SF is interested in him. He hit 30 HR with more GO than AO and 5 feet shorter average HR distance than MLB average. His HR height was also 7 feet lower than MLB average. He hit 278 but had a 363 BABIP to do it. Seems like a classic sell high opportunity bu...
Last Post: Dec 9, 2017 1:53pm
by Barry aka MIA
j
Jimi
2018 CBS
I returned home last night and this morning I noticed that CBS has put up the 2018 version. This is nice as it's earlier than in the past, I can get things updated for the coming season. After a brief checking out of things, it looks about the same, no changes to la...
Views: 134   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2017 11:13am
by Barry aka MIA
Stanton
Well he finally said where he wants to go (NYY or LAD). Both teams are fighting to get under Luxury tax so they have not been overly interested. This could come down to playing chicken and who gives in first. Will Stanton really want to play 3 more years until he...
Views: 143   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 9, 2017 6:09am
by Walter
w
Walter
Pujols
Now that the Angels have signed Ohtani, they should just cut bait with Pujols. He was the worst everyday player in MLB last year - .672 OPS. I know they owe him $114 million (and it's not MY money), but he's 38 years old and not likely to get any better. He's a li...
Views: 141   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 8, 2017 6:18pm
by Barry aka MIA
w
Walter
Ohtani
Angels get Ohtani!
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 8, 2017 12:37pm
by Barry aka MIA
w
Walter
Archer
There seems to be a lot of speculation around the Rays trading Archer this winter. If he does get moved, IMHO it only enhances his value. Just from reading the rules for OGBL and looking at last year's stats, it seems to me that this league actually values strikeo...
Views: 154   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 8, 2017 9:54am
by Walter
Ohtani said it was not about the money, but ...
a lot of teams are trading for more international pool money. Seems like they are finding paying more could help.
Views: 145   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2017 4:49pm
by Walter
Rafael Palmeiro
Wants to make a "comeback" at age 53. That would be a heck of a story, if he could still hit even as only a DH.
Views: 151   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 7, 2017 8:55am
by Jose
More Ohtani
A few thoughts ... now that his list of 7 teams in the running is out (Sea, SF, SD, LAD, LAA, ChC, Tex) it seems to me this is Seattle's to lose. They are on West Coast, have DH to offer, have had lots of players from Japan, at one point were owned by a Japanese fir...
Views: 139   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2017 9:51am
by Walter
j
Jimi
A New Look?
I got on here this morning and the look has changed after 10 years of it being the same. Does anyone else see it or is it just me. Reason I'm asking is my computer just recently went through an upgrade and most everything now looks different. Kinda sucks as I'm no...
Views: 317   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 4, 2017 9:47am
by Walter
r
Ron
Ohtani under OGBL rules...
Question for everyone: How do you think CBS will handle Ohtani for position? How should Ohtani be ruled for player position(s) should he play both ways and CBS allows for it?
Views: 175   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 4, 2017 8:45am
by Barry aka MIA
e
Earl
Yankees manager
What do you guys think about Aaron Boone being named the Yankees manager? I have always liked the guy, but am surprised that they went with someone that has never managed a team before.
Views: 145   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2017 9:55am
by Jose
Crazy photo
I can't believe the official MLB photo store has this image, https://photostore.mlb.com/products/custom-wall-decor?photo=857292148
Views: 175   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2017 3:09pm
by AROXX
m
Mark
Gobble, Gobble!
Wishing everyone a safe and tasty Thanksgiving!
Views: 175   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 27, 2017 12:02pm
by Barry aka MIA
r
Ron
Trading for Elite SPs
I find myself smiling as each manager as OGBL updates their on the block and makes trade offers. Like me all of us great managers will offer our hitters in return for an elite SP, but will not want to give up an elite SP in return. This tells me at least that pitc...
Views: 193   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 18, 2017 4:59pm
by AROXX
Most under paid player ...
I just saw what Astro pay Altuve. Through 2017 in his six years he has earned $12.7 Million. That is total not per year! In 2018 he gets $6M and if his 2019 option is picked up, he gets another $6.5 million. I wonder how hard a decision that will be. That is...
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 18, 2017 11:19am
by Walter
j
Jose
Trades-2015-2016
Trades are made to improve one's team in the short run or in the long run. I'm putting these here neither to congratulate anyone or insult anyone; most of these speak for themselves and I believe we get a better look at the merits of a trade after 2 seasons than afte...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2017 9:36am
by Jose
j
Jimi
Veteran's Day
A day to thank Veterans for their service A day to fly Old Glory
Views: 199   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 13, 2017 3:23pm
by Jimi
j
Jimi
Is it O or Oh?
Now that Shohei Otani (or Ohtani) will most likely be heading to MLB, how will his name be spelled You can google "Otani or Ohtani", or check it out at this address, https://medium.com/@DanielBrim/is-it-otani-or-ohtani-4e6548c27ed6
Views: 165   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 13, 2017 7:19am
by Walter
Qualifying Offer decisions
I don't know why Reds did not give Cozart a QO. Although $17M is a lot for him, at his age coming off a career year, was he likely to give up his one shot at a multi-year deal for semi-big bucks? Likewise, why did Holland reject his QO? $17M is about a year and...
Views: 154   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 7, 2017 2:12pm
by Jose
OGBL Off-Season Trading Period Is Open
The boxes have been checked, you can now offer/counter offer, accept/decline trade offers. Couch Managers is also open for the 2018 mock draft season. Come on over, you can usually find me there during the winter months.
Views: 159   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 6, 2017 9:55am
by Jose
r
Ron
Trading Day is Upon Us....
Seems like only yesteryear and it's trading time again... Good Luck to everyone and may the offers begin..
Views: 179   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 6, 2017 5:52am
by Barry aka MIA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet